Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

If some presets are less loud after updating to 7.02 final, check your "pedal comp" blocks (as mentioned in the release notes).
In some case I had to increase the block's Level to compensate (about 2.5 - 3 dB).
Yes all of my personal presets were about 2db lower. But I didn't see any changes in settings. So I wasn't sure what to do.

As soon as I reset an amp block, volume goes down when I reload.
Gone thru all my presets and re-adjusted.
I have noticed that using motor drive decreases volume for a majority of my presets, I have to compensate for that as well.
Have not heard a lot of talk about that.
If you experience volume loss you have to compensate in the pedal comp block. I assume you can also increase amp block mater volume to compensate as well.

After resetting a block (or deselecting and reselecting) is it ok to reload a library block or previously saved global block? Or will reloading 'undo' the reset?

I just finished revisiting all the "amp+cab" presets that accompany the Guide to the Fractal Audio AMP models.

Performed a soft reset, changed some cabs, checked the tone and adjusted controls (following the guide).
I'll publish the updated collection somewhere next week.

It struck me that I didn't come across any amp type that sounded "off".
As many have already written, many of 7.02's amp models sound already great at stock settings.
And the default Presence setting also needs less adjustment than before.

Only exception (of the amp models I tested) might be Brit Brown, which sounds different than before, and now needs Drive and Presence cranked. And I don't care as much for the Wreckers as I used to.

Completely agree about the Wreckers. They used to be the bees knees, but they have lost their mojo. Pretty much everything else I've tried is amazing.

After resetting a block (or deselecting and reselecting) is it ok to reload a library block or previously saved global block? Or will reloading 'undo' the reset?
Loading a block from the library will set all the parameters exactly the way you had them when you saved the block, including parameters that were reset to default when you reset the block.

However, it's completely OK to do that. You just may (or may not) have some resetting to do after you load your saved block. It depends on what was (or wasn't) changed during the reset.

CCV is painfully bright but still delivers that awesome agressive into-your-face burst. I like it.

Cornford is very loose, reminds me of a 'better' recto. It kills with a TS drive in front of it, which makes it tighter.

Yes find the CCV2A very bright and didn't remember it was so harsh... I think it was more massive sounding with strong low mid... struggle to find this back, but... not that good comparing to all the other great sounding amps.

It would be so nice, and should be very easy to implement, to have an interface, where you could choose exactly which parameters to reset. It would save a lot of time every time there is an update.

However, it's completely OK to do that. You just may (or may not) have some resetting to do after you load your saved block. It depends on what was (or wasn't) changed during the reset.
Thanks rex. Is it the case that the reset does something fundamental in terms of any new or tweaked algorithms or is it the case that the reset simply takes all settings back to a potetially new default value?

I know nothing about the Axe FX file structure, but making an interface where you select the parameters you wish to reset and then reset them should be easy on any platform if you have access to the infrastructure.

It could be as simple as when you press Ctrl+I, AxeEdit brings up a list of the amp block parameters, where you select which ones you want to preserve.

It would be so nice, and should be very easy to implement, to have an interface, where you could choose exactly which parameters to reset. It would save a lot of time every time there is an update.
It would be nice, but it could also lead you astray.

Example: new firmware features improved power amp modeling. The new modeling results in a different default value for Dynamic Damping. But you have Dynamic Damping dialed in just where you want it, so you set your Axe to leave that parameter alone when resetting the amp. But because of the new algorithm, your favorite setting for Dynamic Damping produces a different result. Not only do you not get to hear what the model is "supposed to" sound like, but you don't get your old sound back, either.

I'd rather keep it the way it is. Reset all those advanced parameters. If I like what Dynamic Damping does, I can dial it in properly with the new firmware/modeling.

Back
Top Bottom