Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Hey all

Had a small bit of down time this arvo and went to put FW7 on [ from 6.03 ] as I was keen to try it out and post some audio demo's comparing .... anyway ... a bit of an issue arose which I havent had before.

Background

About 2 weeks ago, I went from 6.03 to FW7 Beta .... all good ... noted some changes but went back to 6.03 pending FW7 final .... all of this went fine, no hitches

Today

Went from 6.03 to FW 7 final .... all installed OK .... Axe Edit asked to install the latest version ... no problems .... FW7 final went on fine ... no issues .... re-booted as normal .... got Axe Edit to Force a FW Refresh [ I always do this just in case ] ... no problems ... made sure Global FW on Axe was on Latest [it was] ... re-loaded my presets ..... de-selected / re-selected amps ..... de-selected / re-selected the Cabs ..... made sure all my presets were set to Latest FW version ...... checked all the block sum settings etc...... all %100 fine / normal / as Ive done before for all my FW upgrade from Q1.x onwards.

Problem

Start to play ....... all of my presets sound very weird / muddy / just wrong ....... when I previoulsy went from 6.03 to FW7 Beta, the changes were good / subtle [I posted about it at the time] however what given what I am hearing now ...... something has clearly not gone quite right.

I ran out of time so will have another look at it tomorrow, but in the meantime

-> has anyone else had a similar experieince ?

-> is the best recommended course of action to simply re-install the FW ?

-> any other sort of "reset" I could use / try at the same time ?

-> anything else I could try if needed ?

Sincere thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions.

Ben

Yes...if you have the older firmware install file. Just load the older version, then restore system, presets and cabs.
Ehh the FW came already installed when I got my axe last month or so. Where can I get that file?

@ben ifin :
I had a kind of similar experience long time ago after a firmware update. Everything sounded "wrong". Reinstalled the FW and everything was ok.

If you don't see something obviously wrong in your signal chain (f i cab blocks messed up following Yek's advice) it could solve your problem in a few minutes...

Thanks - will do.

Best way I can describe it is that all my presets - after amp and cab deselection and reselection - sounded like the were coming out of an AM radio ..... yet all the BMT / GEQ's / Cab EQ's etc.... were all as they should be :( ...... really, really strange.

As I said, when I previoulsy went from 6.03 to FW7 Beta it all sounded "normal" albeit with some subltle changes as I posted at the time .... went back to 6.03 from FW7 Beta .... again ... all good.

This time .... totally " AM radio-bizarro " :(

Will try again tomorrow and report back.

Thanks,
Ben

PS: As you found [ arvo = afternoon ] we shorten everything here downunder :)

Thanks - will do.

Best way I can describe it is that all my presets - after amp and cab deselection and reselection - sounded like the were coming out of an AM radio ..... yet all the BMT / GEQ's / Cab EQ's etc.... were all as they should be :( ...... really, really strange.

As I said, when I previoulsy went from 6.03 to FW7 Beta it all sounded "normal" albeit with some subltle changes as I posted at the time .... went back to 6.03 from FW7 Beta .... again ... all good.

This time .... totally " AM radio-bizarro " :(

Will try again tomorrow and report back.

Thanks,
Ben

PS: As you found [ arvo = afternoon ] we shorten everything here downunder :)
Check your speaker size settings. I had this problem and it turned out that the speaker size somehow defaulted to the lowest setting.

Some of my global cabs were pointing to the wrong ir after the update. I had to reselect the ir (I only use a few cabs) and everything was good

I had the same issue with an awful sounding upgrade.

I installed FW Q7 (never installed any of the betas), upgrading from FW Q6.03.1 - everything sounded horrible. I was wondering what everyone was talking about saying how great it sounded. I tried resetting amps, making brand new presets with just amp and cab. Nothing I did sounded good. Everything sounded muddy, like a blanket was over the amp and it was in a closet in another room.

So I took a shot after reading a few threads and just reinstalled FW Q7 again. It now sounds great.

The double install thing is odd. I'm glad it works. But it'd be nice to track down why this occurs to some folks sometimes.

Wow! Installed 7.00 yesterday evening ,after amp resets a few tweaks a couple cab changes all my patches sound so fantastic! So easy to dial a good tone on all my amps! Pulled up #34 JCM800 dialed everything to 6 except master, left it default, instant G&R!! bring master up and this amp rawks! Excited to get time to go through all the amps. It seems every update in the past has added something better, but this one is exceptional! everything sounds and reacts like it should. totally Rocks!!!

Back
Top Bottom