Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

I did notice some things, possibly because of the changes. After updating amp changes, and resetting my amp settings to what I previously had set, a few things were really off. So I experimented and found out the go to cab I use,( Fractal 4 x 12 GB), no longer sounded good with my preset settings. Everything was flubby and scratchy at the same time. EQ made it worse.
I merely switched to basket weave 4 x 12 12L, did a little EQ and all was good.
Not sure why, but I assumed it was the differences in the factory amp settings.

Ive tried downloading the update for Axefx11 ,and I am getting a message saying not valid
any help what maybe wrong

Hi !

FYI

After update , in the cab module , the right side of my user's cab's was unselected.
I had to re-select the user cab (only right side).

I thought my headphones were failing .

Hi !

FYI

After update , in the cab module , the right side of my user's cab's was unselected.
I had to re-select the user cab (only right side).

I thought my headphones were failing .
I've found some weird changes too. I thought it was just me. All my cabs were set to L+R Sum. Some of them changed to left side only. I figured maybe it was because I changed the defaults so much. I'm still having issues with very loose bottom end. Nothing is as punchy as previous firmware. Pick attack feels looser. If I restore by backed up presets, they sound terrible. I'm trying to figure out why.

Interesting.

With almost every FW upgrade, I've needed a bit of time to readjust my presets. This is the only one where I adjusted a sum total of one setting. With the exception of levels (for some reason those were slightly off, but that's probably more of changes in the amp...)

Everything just worked. Never happens, and LOVE it.

-Haven't tried the new cabs because I got lost playing.

i seem to be having input problems, (front input).. i switched to rear input 1 and it worked fine. I am 99.9% sure I just have a partially broken cable, however. Do planet waves guitar cables have lifetime warranties by any chance?

Hi James,
Is it possible you are trying to install it from within the zip file? Ie; have you extracted the firmware file from the zip before trying to install it?

Thanks
Pauly

Ive tried downloading the update for Axefx11 ,and I am getting a message saying not valid
any help what maybe wrong

Arrrrgh...
Finishing up tracking 2 "important" instrumentals, so I have to stay on Q7.2beta for a few more days. I can't tell you how many times my fingers were on FractalBot, but my conscience whispers: "Don't you dare..."

I can wait a few more days... I can wait a few more days... I can wait a few more days...

Ok noob question:
After I backup existing presets i made and a couple user IR's I have, can I roll back FW if I get freaked out after the update? If yes, do I just reinstall system and presets/Cabs from the back up?

Running the last FW still and I always found that in the amp block, the "fat" switch is complete garbage. There's nothing fat about it. It kills all gain and casts your tone adrift in a sea of overbearing nasally midrange! Was this fixed?

Ok noob question:
After I backup existing presets i made and a couple user IR's I have, can I roll back FW if I get freaked out after the update? If yes, do I just reinstall system and presets/Cabs from the back up?
Yes...if you have the older firmware install file. Just load the older version, then restore system, presets and cabs.

Back
Top Bottom