Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Before quantum 1.00 I had a few presets that I had to be careful with, because they were tickling 94%, but now, even after bumping up to the high end preamp on some of my cabs, and bumping up to the hi res reverb on one patch, the highest now is 82%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before quantum 1.00 I had a few presets that I had to be careful with, because they were tickling 94%, but now, even after bumping up to the high end preamp on some of my cabs, and bumping up to the hi res reverb on one patch, the highest now is 82%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great to hear. I better update tonight I guess.

What was the menu trick to go back to 1.0? CPU drop is great -- but patches have gained a lot of unwanted grit -- have a gig sat -- will try and adjust -- but just in case need a fall back plan

What was the menu trick to go back to 1.0?

the Global Menu has a "Modeling Version" option once again, and you can choose between Q1.01 and Q1.00.

personally, i'd just get used to whatever the latest is, as that option may disappear down the road, as it has in the past.

I notice that switching between preamp tube types doesn't make that popping sound anymore. Maybe just a tiny bit, but barely noticeable.

the Global Menu has a "Modeling Version" option once again, and you can choose between Q1.01 and Q1.00.

personally, i'd just get used to whatever the latest is, as that option may disappear down the road, as it has in the past.

Thanks its cool -- I think I got it under control -- trimmed the gain and treble -- just a moment of panic (big gig on sat). Still some CPU funky gremlins lingering around -- when you adjust warm chorus (Depth) - CPU jumps back up -- (viewing in Axe-edit) -- I switch to another patch and come back to same patch CPU goes back to where it was before.

when you adjust warm chorus (Depth) - CPU jumps back up -- (viewing in Axe-edit) -- I switch to another patch and come back to same patch CPU goes back to where it was before.

does the CPU number jump the same way if you view it on the Axe Front Panel (Utility-Status)? Edit isn't always the best indicator of actual CPU.

i just finished going through every Block and Type in 1.00 and then again in 1.01 and noting the CPU usage. i'll put together a list or chart later on my site, but i was curious to find out where the CPU improvements came from.

a few tidbits... Amp blocks use the same amount, but Cabs use about 2.5% less, Reverb is close to 7% less at High Quality (2% at Normal), Drives use about .5% less. other blocks use about .1% less or have no change. Intelligent noise gate is about .3% less as well.

so if you used many of those blocks before, you'll see the most significant CPU drops. my main preset dropped about 5.5% which is great!

again, i'll get a chart going soon with each Block and Type for 1.00 vs 1.01, but those Block types had the biggest changes to them. amazing!

Last edited:
Cool news on the CPU drop and patch change speed. Like the performance improvements.

What about the sound changes? The treble add is noticeable enough to have to adjust patches? Do you all feel compelled to reset the amp block on this update?

i just finished going through every Block and Type in 1.00 and then again in 1.01 and noting the CPU usage. i'll put together a list or chart later on my site, but i was curious to find out where the CPU improvements came from.

a few tidbits... Amp blocks use the same amount, but Cabs use about 2.5% less, Reverb is close to 7% less at High Quality (2% at Normal), Drives use about .5% less. other blocks use about .1% less or have no change. Intelligent noise gate is about .3% less as well.

so if you used many of those blocks before, you'll see the most significant CPU drops. my main preset dropped about 5.5% which is great!

again, i'll get a chart going soon with each Block and Type for 1.00 vs 1.01, but those Block types had the biggest changes to them. amazing!

Sounds about right. HQ Reverb saw the biggest improvement. Cabs use even less if you are using stereo cabs.

The cpu usage is pretty amazing. It's like FAS gave us two extra effects to squeeze into a preset :) Thanks once again Cliff!

Just got done comparing Q0 to Q1. Tonight my ears are preferring Q0- seems to me Q1 is "thinner", and not as smooth. It's good, but Q0 is just a little better. Thanks for giving us the choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom