Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Q1.01 models the power tube plate current slightly more accurately than Q1.00. It's a subtle difference but some may prefer the more idealized sound of Q1.00 so I made it a menu option.
Certainly a big difference in the low end in drop A tuning. Q1.00 very round full and slighty more wooly compared to the new firmware. 1.01 seems to have tightened things up, so it bites more. I think it's a positive thing for cutting in the mix.

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff and Team FAS. Keep up the good work guys. I really appreciate the reduced CPU usage and quicker preset changes.
Thanks as always.

I just loaded it, and my main gigging preset that was previously hovering around 84-85% CPU on Quantum 1.00 is now 79-80%. Very nice!

Also noticeably quicker boot time, with the shorter Quantum splash screen on startup. Thanks Cliff!

AWESOME! I've been working on a patch all evening and was pushing CPU pretty high, so I removed a few things and got it down to 86% last time I checked. Then I noticed the update, applied immediately, and the same patch is now at 79%. This may seem trivial to some, but this extra little headroom will allow me to add things like cab preamps and better reverbs to a ton of my patches that were close to the limit before. Listed as a minor update, but this is major for me. HUGE THANKS CLIFF.

As someone that likes to use HQ everything, I really appreciate this!

Plus tight code makes me moist.

EDIT : Holy schnikeys, my main Plexi preset dropped by what I believe is 11%.

Holy crap! 5-11% drops! That's amazing! I have one pushing into the low 90's that's starting to bog down. Can't wait to load the update!

Yes, patch change times are also improved.

I also noticed on Q1.00 that a couple of my patch changes were a little sluggish. I was about to make a thread, but I'll try the update instead :D

Cliff mentioned Expression Pedals now work upon booth without changing Presets, but perhaps that fix also fixed your Scenes/Switches similarly not working. awesome!

chris I use the boost using midi output levels that you have a video tutorial of on your web site. I noticed it wasn't working properly any more. it seems that the presets change already boosted first time you hit boost light turns green but nothing happens. hit the button a second time it lowers the volume. do you know if this firmware fixes that? or do you know how to fix that? if this has been addressed in a thread already I haven't seen it Thanks

The slowly patch Change was anoying at the gigs. Thanks for this........

Cliff, are there still any secrets in the Diezelsound leftover? :D

It also solves the MFC IAs and Scenes not responding until a new preset is selected on Mark I /II Axes.

good timing . I have to make a patch tonight to record a demo of a song with the band tomorrow night

I'll make it on the new FW and win

Toggled back and forth between Q1.00 and Q1.01 a few times on the Cliffs of Dover preset, and it seems there was a little more high end on 1.01, just enough to add a little more pick attack to the sound. Still sounds amazing though.

Toggled back and forth between Q1.00 and Q1.01 a few times on the Cliffs of Dover preset, and it seems there was a little more high end on 1.01, just enough to add a little more pick attack to the sound. Still sounds amazing though.

What amp is that? I didn't really notice any kind of difference on any of the JMP1's, or either of the Plexi High's. That's pretty much all in using at the moment, so maybe it's just too subtle on those models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much CPU has been saved that I've already changed some of my reverbs to Hi res. And doing that only added a couple of percent back on. Great! And the preset switching time has noticably improved.

Back
Top Bottom