Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Sounds about right. HQ Reverb saw the biggest improvement. Cabs use even less if you are using stereo cabs.

yup, over 4% lower when using Stereo UltraRes. neat!

Edit - I deleted the numbers I had here earlier because they weren't the Cab alone, but with Classic Noise Gate as well. I haven't edited my chart yet to adjust for things and I don't want to cause confusion. I'll have the math'd numbers soon.

Last edited:
That explains why I'm generally seeing around 10% per preset on average. I always use HQ reverbs and mono ultra res cabs with preamp. That's pretty much 10% right there with no other optimizations.

This is awesome because on presets where I was getting close to the danger zone I can now throw in a stuff like rotary blocks, univibes and other 'for fun' stuff.

Chris -its great to have someone with your expertise and knowledge, to spend the time helping and finding solutions, to make it easier and better for people with this awesome music technology of Fractal Audio.,,Much appreciated ,from us , Newby`s for sure. Thanks again,

i just finished a chart that compares the reduced CPU usage of QFW 1.01 with QFW 1.00. In many cases, CPU is reduced, most notably in the Cab block (especially when using Stereo Cabs), Reverb block and Drive block.

This chart is for general reference only as the values can change due to parameter settings within the blocks.

CPU Usage of All Blocks & Types - QFW 1.00 vs QFW 1.01 | AxeFxTutorials.com

Damn, the improvement in CPU is fucking real!

Almost all my presets using both stereo cabs and reverbs are down by 10%!

Great update!

Cool news on the CPU drop and patch change speed. Like the performance improvements.

What about the sound changes? The treble add is noticeable enough to have to adjust patches? Do you all feel compelled to reset the amp block on this update?

I have the same question. I had to reset amp blocks for the first official Quantum release. Will I need to do that again for this one?

Going forward, should I always plan on updating amp blocks (or anything else) for updates? I'm thinking some updates won't affect amp blocks and this won't be necessary.

this CPU drop is beautiful. I had to get rid of the drive pedal in my main patch and instead x/y a dirtier amp, now i can have both amps and a drive pedal. and my 7000 delays and reverbs. p&w guitarists are stoked right now.

+ 1 on the cpu drop ! Some of my presets which were at 90 are now at 80, so it's great and opens new possibilities. I wonder about the "time out" fix , had one with the axe edit just after the update , will see... With the 1.0 version I had the problem several times (and the only solution was to the switch off the axe fx and turn off axe edit and cab lab with the task manager)

Thanks FAS for constant improvement !

Updated last night and was getting about 12% drops across the board (well, less on simple presets, but I don't need extra cpu on those, so...).

It was too late to be loud, so can anyone tell me if they noticed a different QUALITY to the effects? I'm just wondering if this is something that will kick in when you're driving the needle into red, or if FAS has improved the efficiency of effects?

...based on history, my guess is the later. I'd just like to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Faster preset change has been mentioned several times. Is the lag in X/Y changed at all? I will update soon myself but curious.

Updated last night and was getting about 12% drops across the board (well, less on simple presets, but I don't need extra cpu on those, so...).

It was too late to be loud, so can anyone tell me if they noticed a different QUALITY to the effects? I'm just wondering if this is something that will kick in when you're driving the needle into red, or if FAS has improved the efficiency of effects?

...based on history, my guess is the later. I'd just like to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is no change to the algorithms. The reduced CPU usage is due to improvements in coding so as to minimize any pipeline stalls and low-level function overhead.

Anyone else notice that the Quantum updates change the 'Preamp Tube Type' setting? Each time I've updated the firmware over the last few releases, the 'Preamp Tube Type' changed from 'Vintage' on my AC30 block, to 'Long Plate'. I wonder what other settings may have changed.

Wow, Quantum 1.01 sounds amazing, makes all my presets sound more real, wonderful, amazing, push more air, more dynamic and as many other platitudes one can gush as per usual with a new firmware release, Great job, well done, hooray! etc etc.

I hope I fit in here.

Back
Top Bottom