Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

What a thread to wake up to. I look forward to hearing what all the hub-bub is about. Thanks to Fractal for the Facebook post alerting me.

So, I've reloaded the FW and started from a blank preset to make sure there aren't any gremlins being carried over. I still can't get the hi/low resonance parameters and slope parameter in the amp block to function at all. The sag and xformer match also don't do anything. I've tried this on the fas modern, jcm 800, Das Metall and 6160II models.

Any one else able to reproduce this?

All works fine for me! Are you using the front panel? Ax Edit probably won't work well till updated , which Cliff said would be soon , If he mentioned that , one can assume Ax Edit needs an update to work with Quantum !!

Last edited:
Are you using the front panel? Ax Edit probably won't work well till updated , which Cliff said would be soon , If he mentioned that , one can assume Ax Sdit needs an update to work with Quantum !!

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense, but I only ever use the front panel...

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

As for finalizing the remaining amps for accuracy, Fractal has given us no reason to think that will stop.

Fractal stop? Cliff stop??? Hahahahaha...

IMHO a wet summer in Sahara would be more likely ;)

1ish95houl8ixz88vhkcdwt67.530x530x1.jpg

Fractal stop? Cliff stop??? Hahahahaha...

IMHO a wet summer in Sahara would be more likely ;)

Hi all.. First time poster..long time lurker..

Just upgraded from 19 beta which I've been super happy with..

This is something else. It just rings. Bloom, ring. Did I say ring? In head phones its Like 5d. The space is like totally different. Definitely got like an in room sound.

Also, all the controls really seem to sit and respond differently.. Better much better.

And interestingly I never used to hear -any- difference with tube type. Now I totally do. And it's cool.

It's so different it's weird. Seems a bit more fatiguing, maybe amps sound less different, and it makes my playing sound worse (I'm kind of sloppy).

Definitely presets sound better after amp reset.

What a change, might take some getting used to, but amazing . fractal team, thanks!

Early day at work today, so I only got a few minutes last night to check things out; here's what I'm feeling like I hear, so far:

* more swirl, or something, in a held chord.

* Plexi's back. The Plexi had been one of my fav's for the last year or two, but I had fallen out of love, in the last couple updates. Not sure if it was me, or the FW upgrades, but it had lost it's luster, for me. Now, I think it will move back into top spot again, from what I heard in the few minutes last night.

* Can you say volume dynamics? WOAH!!! This thing REALLY responds well to guitar volume changes, now. I did just swap out the electronics in the PRS, so that may be a small part of this, but this particular guitar has never been the most dynamic - now it totally responds to volume pot changes on the guitar.

* So far, this sounds like a home-run, on the half dozen main presets I went through quickly last night.

i was just playing through the 20b 50w plexi the other night. noodling really...just for fun. enjoying the awesome tonez and thinking to myself "if the firmware never gets upgraded again, i'll be happy...."

now this!

not quite ready to jump on the beta just yet (worried about bugs), but watching with interest and listening to all the clips...can't wait!!

Downloaded firmware but holding off for more feedback. Just went through a big re-arrangement to accommodate the FX8 into the system. Got it sounding REALLY good so I think I'll hide and watch for a while.

Updated... rebooted... plugged in... same preset I've been using with 19, no changes, sounds 'smoother' and more 'present'. Whatever Mrs. C. is putting in your coffee is working. Her work and support are noticed, seriously.

Back
Top Bottom