Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Shit’s come alive. It’s like you shaved the fuzz off of a peach. It still looks like a peach, but now you can see the micro-bumps on the skin. Even the fizz is more defined. You can really hear it when you roll off—it’s better profiled against the clean tone underneath. That’s the best that I can describe what I’m hearing.

CLIPPAGE!!!!!

Mark IV and Suhr Veteran 30. First part is FW19 and the second part is Quantum. It's doing something to the dynamics right? When I played it I felt like the amp was a lot brighter but when I recorded it, it was equal brightness. It's not necessarily easily audible but when I'm palm muting the low end is tighter.

Niiiiiice!

wow !!, Quantum is like a guy who brings home 3 KG cut meat and the first one is just 1.500 KG

I'll be damned... it's better, and by a good bit! Thanks for sharing the Beta with the user community Cliff! :)

G3 is about measurements of amps at various points to check if the models are sounding the same. This technology is about the general modeling algorithms.
G3 is about both model accuracy and modeling algorithms. The initial release of G3 firmware applied the modeling improvements to all the amp models.

After playing with Quantum, G3 is so yesterday. :) I'm glad Quantum modeling is replacing G3 modeling.

As for finalizing the remaining amps for accuracy, Fractal has given us no reason to think that will stop.

Well, hmmm? I can hear and feel the granularity in the distortion. I don't think the detail is matched at the quantum level, but you've got something with zero spin tunneling at speeds faster than light.

This is a public beta of our new "Quantum(TM)" tube modeling technology.

The firmware is 1.00 PB1 (Public Beta 1). It may have bugs. It may mess with the sound of your presets. It may cause a singularity around your guitar causing you to get sucked into a parallel universe where time flows backwards and cats rule the world.

Hczm5tP.jpg

Thank you Cliff for the opportunities you provide us , I'm always learning from you... whenever I download a firmware update I tell myself what a genius guy with a creative mind he is !. go for downloading and shoot a sample !.

Well, I'm away for work in New Zealand currently. I just read this thread on the sh1t house while taking a dump. It made my day. Can't wait to try it out on the weekend when I get home. Thanks Cliff.

Maybe Cliff will say weigh in on if the G3 technology will definately be replaced with Quantium.....I know a lot of people have been hoping for the other amps to get G3'd and now THIS has come out! LOL!

Either way it is a major accomplishment on Cliff's part...I do not know of anyone else in this business that works as tireless as he does!

Congts Cliff.... job well done!

Updated and spent 3 hours testing and improving most of my 120+ presets! Wow, I'm gonna slay at Harley Fest this weekend!
Besides the awesome harmonics oozing out of every note and overall wow sound, the feel is improved from the harmonic bloom which is totally touch expressive!

congrats from an fx8 user.
All this tells me chips are not everything. Rather what you pinch out of it.

while installing I can't help but notice how this new firmware looks way bigger:
firmware axefx2_18p12 is 2612kb
firmware axefx2_19p00 is 2621kb
firmware axefx2_Quantum_1p00beta1 is 2634kb

that's going from a difference of 9kb to a difference of 13kb!!

Imagine all the code! At least I can imagine it because I don't know shit about code :)

oh.. there's firmware axefx2_20p00beta1 also which is 2631kb.. which mean I don't make any sense anymore..

but! NEW QUANTUM FIRMWARE! YAY! *installing* omgomgomgomg

Back
Top Bottom