Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Deux

So I backed up my settings and loaded the new firmware before rehearsal. Even my bassist asked me what I did to tweak my setup to get it to sound so good...he said, "Sounds more Twin like"...which was pretty good considering I based my personal amp settings on the Twin model. Between this update and adding an Eminence Tonker in each of my cabs I'm getting some of the best tones I've ever had in all my years of playing.

That's not my understanding. On Fender reverb-equipped amps, the Reverb/Vibrato channel is somewhat less "gainy" than the Normal channel. Has nothing to do w/ Inputs 1 and 2... that's something else again.
I've not tried the AxeFx DlxRvrb Nrm channel yet... but i would expect it to be somewhat gainer than the Vib channel, as you say it is.

Just checked the Double verb & the Super verb & both of those amps Nrm version are much lower in level & gain, just like the Deluxe Nrm used to be.

I should clarify, it has way more gain & volume than before, about the same as the Vib version. I thought the Nrm version was the padded input 2 which should be less volume & gain.
The Normal and Vibrato channels don't sound all that different on an actual Deluxe Reverb. Both channels have two input jacks. Jack 1 is 6 dB hotter than jack 2.

The Vibrato channel can get a bit more trebly, depending on how you set B/T.

I got dyslexic, in my old age, re the 2 Fender channels. Sorry...

But what I SHOULD have stressed is that the distinction between the 2 channels is a whole different deal than the gain of the 2 inputs. That's clear-cut... the Input 1 is the "Hi-gain" input, while Input 2 is padded, like Rex said above.

just finished a livestream where i went through the PB2 changes. thanks to everyone who came into chat, asked questions and helped me set the new amps! it's really great to interact with everyone there.

check out my Beam page and make an account so you can participate in chat!

https://beam.pro/axefxtutorials

i think i'll upload the full video so people can go through it, but it was about 2 hours with a lot of talking :) but we discovered and postulated a lot of things. mostly i show how much i don't know hahaha

Last edited:
Looking for some help. I dont know how to use the forum so I wrote this and posted where it would let me.

I'm a 62 year old newby and I will be asking some questions here on this forum to get me going on the Axe. I'm a bit computer challenged so it's a bit tough for me to grasp a lot of what the manual says so please bare with me.

I'm trying to get my expression pedals to work.1st question: when you plug #1 pedal into ex-pedal1 on the MFC-101 can the 2nd expression pedal plugged into ex-pedal 2 control extrn 1? that is what is happening in my rig. Expression pedal 2 is controlling extrn 1 and turns on the wah. I should add that I have a new Axe Fx XL+ and a MFC-101 Mk 3 both are brand new so I am starting from standard settings.

2nd issue: the ex-1 pedal controls volume after all of the blocks so I wanted to put a volume block in before my verb and delay. I have watched a tutorial by KKMmusic. I did what he said but when I set up the volume block it made the volume control for all my other presets stop working. Kind of confused on whats happening here.

Here is my goal at this time:

#1 I would like to have my 1st ex pedal control volume on all presets, this pedal will be dedicated to just volume and would control a volume block before effects for volume swells and spillover.

#2 I would like to have my 2nd ex pedal to control only parameters such as morphing, delay volume, gain changes etc.

#3 The 3rd pedal will be a Mission EP-1 with the spring option dedicated to just Wah.

I'm hoping someone will steer me in the right direction.

Looking for some help. I dont know how to use the forum so I wrote this and posted where it would let me.
Good questions, oldsoundguy. But your questions are about the MFC-101, and you dropped them right in the middle of a discussion about Axe-Fx firmware. You'll have better luck if you ask them in the MFC-101 section of the forum.

Go to the forum home page by clicking on the house-shaped icon near the top of the page. Then scroll down until you see "MFC Discussion." Click on that, then click on the Post New Thread button, then type away.

I'm a 62 year old newby and I will be asking some questions here on this forum to get me going on the Axe. I'm a bit computer challenged so it's a bit tough for me to grasp a lot of what the manual says so please bare with me.

I'm trying to get my expression pedals to work.1st question: when you plug #1 pedal into ex-pedal1 on the MFC-101 can the 2nd expression pedal plugged into ex-pedal 2 control extrn 1? that is what is happening in my rig. Expression pedal 2 is controlling extrn 1 and turns on the wah. I should add that I have a new Axe Fx XL+ and a MFC-101 Mk 3 both are brand new so I am starting from standard settings.

2nd issue: the ex-1 pedal controls volume after all of the blocks so I wanted to put a volume block in before my verb and delay. I have watched a tutorial by KKMmusic. I did what he said but when I set up the volume block it made the volume control for all my other presets stop working. Kind of confused on whats happening here.

Here is my goal at this time:

#1 I would like to have my 1st ex pedal control volume on all presets, this pedal will be dedicated to just volume and would control a volume block before effects for volume swells and spillover.

#2 I would like to have my 2nd ex pedal to control only parameters such as morphing, delay volume, gain changes etc.

#3 The 3rd pedal will be a Mission EP-1 with the spring option dedicated to just Wah.

I'm hoping someone will steer me in the right direction.

Welcome.
Check out rex reply above.
Take care.

Welcome to the forum oldsoundguy! :) As other guys have mentioned, you would need to find the sub forum for the MFC101 as this is sub forum relates to a different subject.

Just to get the foundations set for you, check out Chris' video on how to setup your MFC101 and then you might not even need to post questions after watching this as it is very well structured by Chris to help you with starting out:
http://axefxtutorials.com/2012/07/how-do-i-setup-my-mfc-101-for-use-with-the-axe-fx-ii/

What was wrong with Overdrive knob on Angel Severe ? Both Angle Severe 1 & 2 or just one of them ?

Also what was wrong with Spawn Nitrous ?

I use now Quantum 1.05 and haven't noticed any problems or glitches on these two amp models

What was wrong with Overdrive knob on Angel Severe ? Both Angle Severe 1 & 2 or just one of them ?

Also what was wrong with Spawn Nitrous ?

I use now Quantum 1.05 and haven't noticed any problems or glitches on these two amp models

Those were issues with the first beta of Quantum 2. Resolved in the 2nd beta.

In my non professional ears, the two amps i´ve tried (Angle Severe and Dirty Shirley) now sound more balanced to me, little warmer and with less trend to fizz. Better dynamics in Dirty Shirley too and a little increment of "in your face" factor. Now, I have to lower a bit in the mix but deffinitively better. Thanks for another amazing improvement, i hope this week got enough time to experiment with the rest of them.

P.D. Sorry for my english XD

:eek:
plz help me coz i can't trust my ears!!!
What ... what the f***k happened to the sound?????
Ok i know... improvement on amp models... but... even the pure guitar sound is far far better... and the cabs tones ... woaaa!!!!!
I'm totally Axe biased.... help me to understand that is not just me!!!
The... how can I say... "resolution" of the guitar and pick-up sound... is just like an upgrade from 6megapixels to 24megapixels!!!
And even the cab "feel"... is out of this world!!!

Back
Top Bottom