Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Deux

i feel that the amps (especially similar kind of amps) characteristics are far more enhanced... and even the tweack of amp parametres or in the fx blocks are more effective... it's more easy to tweack a tone

In my non professional ears, the two amps i´ve tried (Angle Severe and Dirty Shirley) now sound more balanced to me, little warmer and with less trend to fizz. Better dynamics in Dirty Shirley too and a little increment of "in your face" factor. Now, I have to lower a bit in the mix but deffinitively better. Thanks for another amazing improvement, i hope this week got enough time to experiment with the rest of them.

P.D. Sorry for my english XD

Yes, "balanced" is a term I also use to describe the improvements.

I ran a test... reamp'd q1.06 gave me an overall loudness calculation for my preset as -17LUFS... Quantum 2.00beta2 gave -16.2LUFS... so that means approximately a .8dB increase in level... was this expected?

Thank you very much ''FAS'', I stuck to my Axe-Fx II like this guy ;), I love this lively blacky box
6asAQyU.jpg

Thanks FAS i'll play with it tonight.
Said the actress to the bishop.

In all seriousness though, I can't wait to dial in some sounds tonight for the next rehearsal. Q1.06 was already kicking ass and shaking balls during Sunday's rehearsal with the Hot Kitty amp sim. It is always hard to imagine it getting any better, but with a reputation for improvements in modeling accuracy, I am sure FAS set to continually stun us IMO.

Got to play with Q 2 beta for maybe an hour last night w/ LP, haven't gotten to mess with Srat or Tele yet. More refined, balanced for sure! New amps Rock! Can hear the string windings on the clean Fenders ,Vox made me grin like a mule eating briars, Marshalls just Rock! Oooh Baby ! I'm loving it!

I ran a test... reamp'd q1.06 gave me an overall loudness calculation for my preset as -17LUFS... Quantum 2.00beta2 gave -16.2LUFS... so that means approximately a .8dB increase in level... was this expected?

yes, small level changes are expected. i usually record my presets prior to upgrading and then level match afterwards

I'm very excited by all the comments I'm reading and look forward to this version going final...and having some time off to play with my Axe FX.

Yes definitely a level adjustment. Its feels different. I'm not sure if I like it better or its just different for now. I'll have to play more with it tonight but something in the attack feels I dunno....slower maybe? Less harsh of an attack maybe? Quantum Quantum :)

I needed to get some paper work done today but I just can't quit playing. This is a fantastic update!

Thanks Cliff & FAS team!

Try the Plexi 100W 1970 with Factory Cab 54. Be sure to dial it in like you would in 1970, i.e. turn the Mid, Treble and Presence way up; turn Norm Drive and Bass down a bit.
I love the sound of this new model!

I may have found a possible bug. When I turn the bright switch off and roll the treble drive across the ranges of 5.00 - 10.00 with the encoder I get a pronounced crackling. This only happens with the bright switch off. When I try the same with Axe-Edit it's mostly absent, but still happens when moving from 10.00 to the lower ranges. I also get a pronounced click when turning the bright switch back on, both from the front panel and Axe-Edit. The click is louder when the treble drive is set higher.

This is with Axe-Fx II Mark I.

Back
Top Bottom