Axe-FX II Preset Report Generator

Hey Cyberferret,
I had not seen the choice to output to xml. That is so freakin sweet!!! Does exactly what I was hoping for. This is exceptional! It will really help me find where some of the new patches I upload to my Axe are pushing the machine into clip. It sounds like it should be easy to see, but not so much. This will allow me to throw the results into Excel and A/B them quite easily.

I'd like to show my appreciation, I know this takes time. Do you accept Paypal?

Joe

Hi Cyberferret

THANKS A LOT
Where to send the chocolate ?

May I voice one idea though?

Is there any way to show the name of the IR not only the number?

Having and using Redwirez/Ownhammer/Developer pack,from fellow Axe change contributors,that would be an additional huge help

Thanks

Roland

BIG THANKS to CyberFerret, I'm enjoying your nice tool.
I have the Ultra and your reporter is very handy for take a look to the parameters of a Gen2 preset, and translate it manually (with the obvious limitations of Gen1 machines) to my oldie.

BIG SHARE HERE!

If this could be updated to use on Xl/Xl+ files if you don't have an XL, that would be a great plus for us II users. :)

Does this trick still work with the latest AE for FW18? I am not at home to test right now and haven't used this method in quite some time, but I have used it in the past:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...ty-print-all-settings-preset.html#post1077834

I've used the report generator in the past and it was a great tool, but at some point during the FW releases I switched to using the method in the link above.

Crap, I had no idea that trick existed (hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift and click export button in Axe Edit to export a CSV file with preset details). That's awesome if it still works in AE 3.1.6. I'll have to try it when I get home.

^ That would be useful for XL > II file transfers. I own an XL so it doesn't effect me but I know a lot of people would love that.

Yes, the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Export trick does still work in Axe Edit 3.1.7. I verified it last night. The only limitations I can see is that the CSV file does not specify any information about the block layout on the grid or how they are connected and it does not include information about block states or scenes. In order to provide MK II users with a complete means to copy XL presets, a screenshot of the grid would have to be included with the CSV file. Still a very useful feature. Not sure why it's hidden from the interface.

Alt+Print Screen will capture a screenshot of the Axe Edit window, and that can be pasted into MS Paint and saved to a .jpg for sharing.

Not a Mac guy, so I'm not certian what the hotkeys for the Mac version of Axe Edit are, but I would assume the same feature is there. Maybe Option+Command+Export? Perhaps an Apple user can confirm.

Last edited:
Not a Mac guy, so I'm not certian what the hotkeys for the Mac version of Axe Edit are, but I would assume the same feature is there. Maybe Option+Command+Export? Perhaps an Apple user can confirm.

I've had no luck getting that to work on my Mac laptop running the latest and greatest. If anyone can prove me wrong, I'd love it!

Hey Man - this is very much appreciated. I have been hoping that saving the settings to a file somehow would be a part of every Axe Edit release. You have made it so. Thanks soooo much!

Joe

Try this: CMD+ALT+SHIFT+3xExport (hit export 3 times)

Hey! I tried it again, and this time, it worked – and I only had to press Export once. Perhaps I was pressing Control instead of Command before; at any rate, thanks! It's nice that the Mac users get it, too.

Yes, the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Export trick does still work in Axe Edit 3.1.7. I verified it last night. The only limitations I can see is that the CSV file does not specify any information about the block layout on the grid or how they are connected and it does not include information about block states or scenes. In order to provide MK II users with a complete means to copy XL presets, a screenshot of the grid would have to be included with the CSV file. Still a very useful feature. Not sure why it's hidden from the interface.

Alt+Print Screen will capture a screenshot of the Axe Edit window, and that can be pasted into MS Paint and saved to a .jpg for sharing.

Thanks for the reminder about this feature! I'm using a PC so I put the AE window in the lower right just above the date/time on the taskbar. Then used the handy snipping tool selecting the AE window and including the date on the taskbar, and copied it to the spreadsheet. It's a little cumbersome, but it works. Have to save as xlsx format for the formatting to stick.

Does this trick still work with the latest AE for FW18? I am not at home to test right now and haven't used this method in quite some time, but I have used it in the past:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...ty-print-all-settings-preset.html#post1077834

I've used the report generator in the past and it was a great tool, but at some point during the FW releases I switched to using the method in the link above.

Wow, nice trick, and by accident!
like all great discoverys...

What I would love is a functionality to export all a list of all presets, each displaying which ca is used, to show which user cabs are used and which are not. Would that be possible ? With the old Axe Edi/Axe Manage I used the "sort by cab" functionality and it was very useful

Great option, unbelievable it's not more widely known. Will surely be useful on big FW upgrades. Great great option.
Thanks for putting this on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom