Axe-FX II Preset Report Generator

To quickly answer some of the questions here - This program won't work on a Mac I am afraid.

Runs fine on Mac. VMWare Fusion! But I get the Same Crash on Windows7 32bit on VMWare.
Luckily I have XP and Windows 7 64bit I can try it on.
Oh, and Thanks for this!!! Any News on AxePad getting an Update?

AxeReporter.jpg

Here is a Copy of the Crash Data, Logging doesn't Work. I found some Patches work, yet a Patch Like FixYouAcoustic Crashes
FixYouCrash.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Kruegmeister. I believe the SYX files for V10 have a lot more info in them which is probably crashing the app. I've actually downloaded this preset too, but havent had the chance to test with AxeFXReporter yet. Will do so in the coming week as part of preparing for the general V10 release...

This is a fabulous tool. Just wanted to let you know that when I used it, it recorded most settings properly, but it didn't detect my Y amp in the preset, only my X Amp. So, not sure if its recording the Y versions of components.

How am I just finding out about this now??! This is a fantastic tool! Thank you for your hard work, CyberFerret! This tool is especially relevant now that there are NO plans to ever have AxeEdit available in off-line mode.

I haven't used it yet, but I'm excited to try it out.
If I could have two wishes (said without even trying it)...
1. Mac version
2. If a parameter is set to anything other than default then hilite it

Looking forward to a v10 version of this :)
Invaluable for copying amp1/2 X/Y settings across patches and via front panel.

Great contribution! I was looking for something like this. Thanks works great for me. Win7PRO64.

Hey all - thanks for the great feedback and the thread bump.

Just to let you know - the newest version (same download link) can handle the X/Y block issues.

Still not completely V10 or V11 ready yet because of the fact that the data has to be polled from the device in 'live time' now. I am still working on another utility that will pull down these parameters and store them in a local database that AxeFXReporter (and AxePad) can use.

I was wondering if there was any way to have the report show IR/cab name as well as their number? Just a thought. Some cab names are lengthy, I know.

I was wondering if there was any way to have the report show IR/cab name as well as their number? Just a thought. Some cab names are lengthy, I know.

Working on this. The cab names (and number of cabs) has been changing drastically with each firmware revision, but once again, as of Firmware 10, we can interrogate the Axe-FX via MIDI to get a list of these factory (and user) cabs so, space permitting, I might incorporate this into the app in the near future...

Just as a small aside (but huge for me) - I got the call a couple of months back to make a customised version of AxeFXReporter for the guitar tech of one of the most famous guitar players on the planet. One of my heroes in fact.

I feel incredibly excited and humbled to think that something I created is useful to someone I admire a great deal. I know the guys at Fractal must get this several times a day, but to little old me, sitting in a remote corner of Australia, it means a lot.

Actually, even that it helps you guys out there also gives me a kick. I notice that there have been over 800 downloads of the app according to Box.Net, and possible even more via other sites. Always glad to help out this great community in a small way.

Hi, if this has been proposed before, or is unworkable, apologies in advance, but it occurs to me if we can report settings out to Excel, would it be possible to edit in Excel, then send them back to the AFII? For instance, if you wanted to increase the all the gains of a group of amps, you could highlight them all, change the gain of 1, apply that to all the others highlighted, and send it back to the AFII. Or, if you wanted to create lots of copies of the same basic preset, then later change maybe just the amp model, this might be the easiest way to do that. Thanks for any input, I'd have no idea what it would take to accomplish this.

Hi, if this has been proposed before, or is unworkable, apologies in advance, but it occurs to me if we can report settings out to Excel, would it be possible to edit in Excel, then send them back to the AFII? For instance, if you wanted to increase the all the gains of a group of amps, you could highlight them all, change the gain of 1, apply that to all the others highlighted, and send it back to the AFII. Or, if you wanted to create lots of copies of the same basic preset, then later change maybe just the amp model, this might be the easiest way to do that. Thanks for any input, I'd have no idea what it would take to accomplish this.

+1 on the Excel output. PDFs are great, but being able to get the output into Excel or even a .csv file would be fantastic. I posted a question about whether anything like this existed on he board earlier today. I will look at this tomorrow, but it sounds exactly like what I was hoping for, except the output format. I know its not hard to give the option of saving to a .csv file or a .pdf - most support/reporting sites on the web have those as dual options. I am not trying to minimize the work, I am a network engineer and know its not trivial, but it would make your app incredibly useful for me. If you can do it I would be very psyched. Thanks - i really appreciate all the stuff you have done!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom