Axe-FX II Preset Report Generator

How accurate are the results? Is it working with insanly filled up presets with 2 ampblocks and with x/y settings? That would be great.

Also as I mentioned earlier, I was looking to perhaps put a 'web' shell around this app and create a small web service where people can upload a preset and get a PDF report and XML report to download - that way ANY platform user can use it.

I've put THAT on the back burner for a bit too, until I can work out a way to integrate it with Axe-Change so that you can point and Axe-Change preset to the web service and get a report on it.

+1 for a Mac or web-based version.

Great work CyberFerret and thanks for sharing for free. You must have spent a lot of time producing this! I even pulled a report into Excel (via XML) and you can filter out the various blocks and compare between two presets to see the differences - Cool.

Thanks a bunch.

Is there an updated version available anywhere?
I'm working with the version from this thread but this doesn't report the new features like "Comp" in the AMP Block.

This is a great tool and it would be a big waste, if I couldn't use it anymore with newer firmwares.

Is there an updated version available anywhere?
I'm working with the version from this thread but this doesn't report the new features like "Comp" in the AMP Block.

This is a great tool and it would be a big waste, if I couldn't use it anymore with newer firmwares.

Hey everyone!

The intention is to certainly keep this software updated to match latest firmware etc.

What I have done is to write a small utility behind this software to extract information on the Axe-FX parameters from the Axe-Edit configuration files. Seeing as Fractal has not updated Axe-Edit to incorporate new Firmware after v7, that's where AxeFXReporter is up to at the moment. As soon as Axe-Edit TNP is released, I will be scouring through those config files as well to extract the information and make this utility compatible with v9+ and onwards...

Sorry, but at the moment, my hands are tied as well, same as everyone else.

As for the Mac requests - that probably won't happen with this software as I haven't got the time to redevelop it for that platform, but I am still thinking that I will set this up as a web service so anyone who wants a report can go to a web site and point their Preset file at it to get a PDF report or XML file... regardless of their computer platform... :)

That's very useful program. I am pretty sure it can run on MAC in a Windows Virtual Machine. Web based version would be cool.

Thanks for making it available.

Hey everyone!

The intention is to certainly keep this software updated to match latest firmware etc.

What I have done is to write a small utility behind this software to extract information on the Axe-FX parameters from the Axe-Edit configuration files. Seeing as Fractal has not updated Axe-Edit to incorporate new Firmware after v7, that's where AxeFXReporter is up to at the moment. As soon as Axe-Edit TNP is released, I will be scouring through those config files as well to extract the information and make this utility compatible with v9+ and onwards...

Sorry, but at the moment, my hands are tied as well, same as everyone else.

As for the Mac requests - that probably won't happen with this software as I haven't got the time to redevelop it for that platform, but I am still thinking that I will set this up as a web service so anyone who wants a report can go to a web site and point their Preset file at it to get a PDF report or XML file... regardless of their computer platform... :)

Thanks for quick reply and your effort. Really helpfull tool.
Okay, so it's on Fractal to update their AE.
Until then I have to write down new parameters in "oldschool way". :)

Hey, I tried PMing you, CyberFerret, but your inbox is full of fanmail from young ladies.

First of all, thank you VERY much for making and sharing a program like AxeFXReporter! I hope users are donating well to the cause, because you're the only game in town and this type of utility is really critical, especially without a working AxeEdit.

I wanted to try it out, and downloaded it over the weekend. I unzipped all files into the same folder, then launched the only .exe file visible. It gave me a message that it couldn't find one of the .dll's (which was visible right there), and to extract all files to the same folder. I did that again, but got the same message. This is a Win7 machine...any clues?

CyberFerret, thanks for your effort, and for donating it.

Your low price (free!) doesn't stop the impulse to make suggestions... hope you won't feel like rolling your eyes!

It would be great if your software could process files containing multiple presets, such as the factory preset SYX files distributed by Fractal for the three banks of the Axe II. The Reporter software reads just the first preset in those files containing over 100 of them.

It would also be great if the Reporter software could report just the names of the presets in a multiple-preset file, with just basic information about the components/blocks in the preset, not all the detail. Or read this information from the Axe.

Not whining... I already know I'm going to learn a lot with your software, thanks again. However as a new Axe II owner I found your software while looking for a way to produce a list of all the presets in it, something that I'd guess a lot of new owners would like to have. Still looking!

Hey, I tried PMing you, CyberFerret, but your inbox is full of fanmail from young ladies.

First of all, thank you VERY much for making and sharing a program like AxeFXReporter! I hope users are donating well to the cause, because you're the only game in town and this type of utility is really critical, especially without a working AxeEdit.

I wanted to try it out, and downloaded it over the weekend. I unzipped all files into the same folder, then launched the only .exe file visible. It gave me a message that it couldn't find one of the .dll's (which was visible right there), and to extract all files to the same folder. I did that again, but got the same message. This is a Win7 machine...any clues?

Hey greiswig - Sorry about the PM box being full. I will clear it out this morning. Looks like this forum doesn't give a warning when you are getting close to the max limit! :)

With the AxeFXReporter program - you have to be careful which folder you unzip the file into due to the Windows 7 security. I think if you try and unzip the folder onto the Desktop etc. you can get issues running it.

Best bet will be to create a folder underneath the C:\Program Files folder, e.g. if you created a folder called C:\Program Files\AxeFXReporter and unzipped the files in there, it should run OK.

Give it a shot and let me know!

CyberFerret, thanks for your effort, and for donating it.

Your low price (free!) doesn't stop the impulse to make suggestions... hope you won't feel like rolling your eyes!

It would be great if your software could process files containing multiple presets, such as the factory preset SYX files distributed by Fractal for the three banks of the Axe II. The Reporter software reads just the first preset in those files containing over 100 of them.

It would also be great if the Reporter software could report just the names of the presets in a multiple-preset file, with just basic information about the components/blocks in the preset, not all the detail. Or read this information from the Axe.

Not whining... I already know I'm going to learn a lot with your software, thanks again. However as a new Axe II owner I found your software while looking for a way to produce a list of all the presets in it, something that I'd guess a lot of new owners would like to have. Still looking!

Hi boyscout,

Processing mutliple presets in one file is something that I was thinking about. Not too difficult to do, but I was just worried about the number of pages that would be generated if someone tried to analyse a whole preset bank at once. 4 or 5 pages per preset x 128 is a big stack of paper! :)

Also yes, there have been a few requests for breaking down the list of blocks used in a bank of presets, and that is also something that I have been thinking about doing, however, did you know that Axe-Edit has that functionality already?

I know you are not supposed to use the current Axe-Edit, but as long as you do not try and make changes on the Axe-FX with it, you should be able to fire up Axe-Edit then go to the 'Axe-Manage' section and load a preset bank from a disk file and change the view to show the blocks used.

Hope that helps.

As with all things, one of the universal lubricants (money or beer) will probably go a long way toward making suggestions like yours happen. ;-) I notice he accepts donations...

if you created a folder called C:\Program Files\AxeFXReporter and unzipped the files in there, it should run OK.

Give it a shot and let me know!

That did it, thanks! However, when I look at the PDF, clearly not all blocks get documented. There is nothing about either the amp or cab blocks in mine. Is there a trick to getting it to attend to all parameters of the preset?

I know you are not supposed to use the current Axe-Edit, but as long as you do not try and make changes on the Axe-FX with it, you should be able to fire up Axe-Edit then go to the 'Axe-Manage' section and load a preset bank from a disk file and change the view to show the blocks used. Hope that helps.

It helps HUGE! Thanks.

Hey all,

A few days ago, there was a request on TGP by a member who wanted to generate a printed report of his Axe-FX patches for filing and reference.

I thought it was a neat idea, and seeing as I am already creating some back end database collections for my AxePad development, I thought I would create a little Windows app that would read in an Axe-FX SYX file and generate a printed PDF report of the settings.

No cost for this - I am releasing it to all Axe-FX users at no charge, mainly as a way of saying 'Thanks' to everyone for supporting AxePad so well.

Some screenshots:

7476756550_cfd6d86097_z.jpg

7476756738_2d0acbf92e_z.jpg

A sample PDF report can be downloaded here: https://www.box.com/s/570b91e658d3ad075eca

Application can be downloaded here: https://www.box.com/s/fea587a20aeb1110b38c

It's only for Windows I am afraid, no Macs or Linux.. No warranty or responsibility taken for anything that explodes! :lol

Simply unzip the files into a folder on your hard drive and run AxeReporter.EXE

You can also drag and drop SYX files onto the program window to instantly interpret them. Only works for SINGLE preset files, NOT blocks! Oh, and Only works for Axe-FX II presets only, latest firmware - won't work on Gen 1 presets...

Have fun!

Will this work with FW10?

CyberFerret......thank you for this.....I've been missing a tool like this. Very generous of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for this. Great idea. One question. I tried it with fw9 but how should I use it to report amp x/y states? It only reported the x state.

Hey Guys,

Glad to see people are still using this tool and finding it useful. The intention is certainly to get it working with all current firmware etc., however as I mentioned earlier, the utility relies on the data files that come with Axe-Edit as far as settings etc.

The thing is, with the newest Axe-Edit (v1.9), those data files don't exist any more! The settings are now actually polled directly from the Axe-FX. (I am talking about the min/max value of each knob, the items in drop down lists etc.). I've found out that this information will likely be in the new MIDI specifications document that Fractal will be releasing.

As soon as I get my hands on the MIDI specs document, I will certainly be incorporating the changes in ALL the utilities that I have written to work with the Axe-FX.

@jeppekristoffer - Yes, the X/Y states is also another thing I will be improving on in a future version! :)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom