Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.01 Up

Is it me or is anyone else have problems choosing just ONE amp. I had my 3 go to's prior to 6 but now i'm trapped in a virtual boutique amp store and I cant get out.

matrixcode.gif

no you're right...
no matter what amp I try to choose, the 5153 Red's gravity well just keeps sucking the mouse's pointer into it..

"let's make a nice funk preset".... drop menu open... click.... hi-gain and shredz....
many hours later...
"hhmmm I think I wanted funk... aahhhh... so what.." back to the shredz... lol..

Thank you Cliff, M@ and the whole FAS bunch!
Just in time, as I got my repaired unit right this afternoon.

Question: did something change with regards to the firmware update speed? Loading 6.01 took at least double the time as other updates before (went fine though).
I don't know if I missed some setting in Axe-Edit (seriously doubt it), or if it is the new mainboard in my Axe II, the new Axe-Edit or version 6.0. Or altogether. Or nothing.

Is it me or is anyone else have problems choosing just ONE amp. I had my 3 go to's prior to 6 but now i'm trapped in a virtual boutique amp store and I cant get out.
I see. That's a real problem there.

:D :D :D

Just choose the blue or the red. Channel.

Would you believe nobody ever recommended a therapist to me yet?

Question: did something change with regards to the firmware update speed? Loading 6.01 took at least double the time as other updates before (went fine though).
I don't know if I missed some setting in Axe-Edit (seriously doubt it), or if it is the new mainboard in my Axe II, the new Axe-Edit or version 6.0. Or altogether. Or nothing.

Mine went fast.

Excellent update. Thanks for all the work you all put into this. I can finally hear/feel the Dr. Z tone that I was searching for. Sounds amazing with my tele. Sincere appreciation on this end for sure.

Yes, it was very slow here too, update via USB and AxeEdit 304...

It was a really fast firmware update for me too. As a matter of fact it's usually a lot slower. I was actually concerned for a minute.

Turn the Transformer Match up to 1.1.

If we had previously adjusted the Transformer Match down to below 1 to reduce some of the "sizzle", should we put it back up to 1.0? I know I know... 'trust your ears', but just wanted to get some perspective...

Same here. Very slow update, at least twice as long. Updated with AE 304 via USB, Windows 7 x64. I was concerned at first, but it completed successfully.

Had a chance to play through 6.01 this morning and, just like my original axe II experience, I couldn't get past preset 1!

The bassman sounded fantastic. The changes Cliff mentioned above have really made a nice difference. Early breakup with drive (808 ) block on in front of bassman is a 'long session' tone :).

The EVH III sounds just like mine, crazy days we live in my friends!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom