Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.01 Up

Bottom end has gone to mush for me again, 6.0 was the first firmware in ages that tightened the bottom end for me.

That's weird so many were saying way too much bass with 6.0. Oh well, .01 can't be that far off

Bottom end has gone to mush for me again, 6.0 was the first firmware in ages that tightened the bottom end for me.

rather than tighten the low end, I thought 6.0 brought out / augmented the extreme hi's
6.01 is a little softer with the hi's

from what I'm hearing [in my presets at least] the low end seems the same as with 6.0 [I'm not noticing a difference]
but if you strip out the hi's on any instrument / tone it will lose attack / definition
maybe try the amp eq page and give 2k, 4k and 8k a bit of a boost
this should put back any definition that you may have lost

Lots of goodies again in this firmware.

I love the reducing of the default Transformer Match value. Squashes the tone less, makes it much easier to stand out in a mix, sounds closer to the real thing.

The addition of amp simulation to the Rotary is also important. We can now have that warm overdriven leslie tone.

AC Booster (Esoteric) works very well with my clean tones. Easy to dial in. Has replaced another Drive sim in my presets. While the Eternity, being so transparant, has replaced another Drive sim in my gainy presets, with Drive at zero and Level turned up, operating as a boost.

The tuner is very stable, making tuning a breeze.

And the EVH 5150 III of course. I'm loving the Red model best with Drive set fairly low (< 5), resulting in a very tight and chewy tone.

Greeeeeeaaaaat!!
Thank you Cliff & crew!
That's a lot of enhancements / new stuff for a .01 version :)

Entering the Fractal world is my smartest move ever!

Per

holy shit. i just went to my MKIV rhythm preset and changed the amp to the 5153 red. didn't alter any settings. MONSTER!!

the leslie is awesome too.

played briefly with the new drives and they're very nice.

:)

Wow. Might be the first time I have timed this well. AXE is in the car from the gig monday. Sounds like a lunch hour update is a must!

WOW!!! Thanks FAS :) I love the new amp defaults and the new 5150 III models. got to look at everything else.

No problems with the fw update but this is the first time it took about 20 minutes to update, I used the new axe edit also. Before updating was just a few minutes.? normal? something weird with my computer or win7?

Boom.

Release notes:

NOTE: As a result of amp matching tests, the Transformer Match internal values have been reduced. This may be detectable as a slightly more open and less compressed tone. If you desire the slightly more compressed sound of Version 6.00, this can be obtained by increasing the Transformer Match to a value of 1.1..

This sort of thing confuses me. I received a rather terse response from FAS in another thread that the amp matches were 'spot on', now it turns out they're not? Or am I missing something here?

Anything to be done withthe value knob - or is it a physical encoder issue? My value knob on the II is still much more fidgety and prone to go back when I'm going forward and vice-versa than my Ultra. Ultra's value wheel never jitters, never moves the 'wrong' way. Wish the II's would act the same!!!

Thank you very much! The tuner jitter issue that I was experiencing with 6.00 has been resolved. The quick TAT on this update is greatly appreciated!!!!

This sort of thing confuses me. I received a rather terse response from FAS in another thread that the amp matches were 'spot on', now it turns out they're not? Or am I missing something here?

Think of things as a process, not a destination. Something might be spot on, but looking at it from another perspective, there is always room to reinterpret the results and make them better.

Trust your ears. Sound better? Is better.

Also note that 'terse' responses are often not 'terse' but rather direct, to the point, and without any sort of emotion - neither positive or negative. Engineers often speak bluntly, to the point, without color. It's not 'terse' except by interpretation and that's not an accurate interpretation in most cases.

Is it me or is anyone else have problems choosing just ONE amp. I had my 3 "go to's" prior to 6 but now i'm trapped in a virtual boutique amp store and I cant get out.

matrixcode.gif

Last edited:
holy shit. i just went to my MKIV rhythm preset and changed the amp to the 5153 red. didn't alter any settings. MONSTER!!

I did exactly the same thing [although I was swapping the 5150 for the 5153 Red
and I got the same outcome... monster..

that said.. the new 5150 is really sweet too...

Back
Top Bottom