Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 3.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presets sound better to me. Not as much muddy bass. One gripe (not unique to 3.0)--wish the delay wasn't activated on every preset.

I've always disliked having to put a drive pedal in front of a high gain amp (both in real amps and models) Thanks to this update I no longer have to do this with the high gain amps in the axe, they are tight and punchy without a pedal up front. Awesome.

Presets sound better to me. Not as much muddy bass. One gripe (not unique to 3.0)--wish the delay wasn't activated on every preset.

Turn it off. *Edit* *Bypass* Done. Seriously, though, I find that pretty much every preset need some tweaking here or there. Few people have the same taste, even in the same genre. Personally, I wouldn't consider settings inconsistent with personal taste cause for a gripe at all. :)

I'm standing here applauding - this update is like a whole new unit as someone said earlier. I had a hard time getting past the first preset it was sounding so good. The notes crack and jump off the guitar - really feels alive. I thought before that with the Axe II it really feels like there's an amp alive on the other end of your guitar cable - with this update, there are beastly amps on the other end. I'm noticing that kicking on a drive in front of the amp really feels right in a new way - the effects seem to react with the amp so smoothly. The pickup positions on my Strat really translate, just like the volume controls. Little details like telling my strings are starting to need a change too - it's really picking everything in the signal chain up with clarity - amazing. I don't think I'm getting carried away in the hype either.

Such amazing technical breakthroughs included here that I can't wait to learn more about them as we move forward. Really amazing that an update like this can come out so relatively fast and early in the product's lifecycle. Major kudos to Cliff and team for this one - a great achievement when you stop and think of not just the implementation of these technologies (which is spot on), but also the imagination and innovation to create these new modeling technologies.

P.S. Thanks for the output taper fix.

Wow!

What a great update. The new 3.0 sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you for making such a wonderful product. I can't believe how good this sounds. :)

I do not write here very often since I can find my answers by reading the threads already opened. Thanks to all of you guys.
Now, allow me to thank Fractal Audio for this update, I still cannot believe my ears after auditioning the new bank A and the rest of the presets.
Great work Cliff!

awesome update thanks!!!

possible bug with the FW....anyone noticing going between 0-383 it takes a few toggles with the wheel or the buttons?

possible bug with the FW....anyone noticing going between 0-383 it takes a few toggles with the wheel or the buttons?
See http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/41626-value-ends-0-a.html#post556796 and blame me
icon_mrgreen.gif

My first ever wish granted? :D TYVM
I almost feel a respected member of the community now ;)
In truth, Cliff probably didn't even read that :lol

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Guys, PLEASE tell me i am not crazy...just updated to the 3...received my "magic box" 3 days ago so i haven't put that much time on firmware 2.

Please tell me that the firmware 3 gives EXTREME dynamics (which i LOVE, i don't do high gain stuff, i control the clean/semiclean/overdrive transition only by using my right hand, NOT even my guitar's volume).

PLEASE tell me i am not going crazy...

PS: YES, I AM LOVING IT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom