Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, it just isn't bad on my setup headphones or main outs. small crackles on start up. Mild pop on turn off even at high volumes, nothing near speaker damaging.

javajunkie said:
Strange, it just isn't bad on my setup headphones or main outs. small crackles on start up. Mild pop on turn off even at high volumes, nothing near speaker damaging.

I think I is better in 2.0 especially if you turn out2 down before powering off... But in 1.05 there was nearly a laundry incident the first time I powered off the II whilst wearing headphones.

Not noticed the power on pop as I don't tend to wear cans at this point

At this time my counsel is advising me to refrain from any comments that may be misconstrued. We feel it is in the best interest of the corporation to not comment on the improvements made to the product or products in question. Rest assured that if there is any update to the situation we will apprise all interested parties at that time.

This comment SMOKES the Gen 1 firmware comments.

:)

I'm just wondering why you guys are not power up/down sequencing correctly. A lot of equipment before a power amp will do this if the amp is on.
Power amps on last, off first. Shouldn't be an issue.
[...]

I use the AXE also for recording, my DAW runs 24x7 - I didn't turn off my Speakers on my DAW when i power on the device.
A Hardware in this price range shouldn't have this "plop" - IMHO ;-)
It's very interesting so other AXE's II have no troubles with a "plop"

I had the same problem years before on a Preamp (Hi-Fi) from a excellent company- Priceranges like Family cars...
The problem was the digital transformer.

I just have to post again about V2. This is stellar! I'm now trying to work in all the amps that I glossed over before. There was always something about the power amp distortion on the cranked master amps that didn't work for me. Mainly because I was always a Mesa guy and that I play a Parker and usually have the piezos relatively high. No longer a problem. Now I can't decide which Fender or Plexi to use.

The triode hardness control rocks my world. It's just magic. All the brittleness that my PA accentuates at high volumes has now turned to liquid gold.

The cab size control also rocks. Now I'm getting my Tom Scholz sounds back with very little effort. Just a couple of clicks in either direction gives very different and very usable results. Very cool.

In my opinion, this is the biggest step forward I've experienced since V4 on the Ultra. This is even a bigger change for me than changing from the Ultra to the II. I wouldn't have missed this ride for the world.

I know you hear this often, but thanks Cliff. I can't tell you how much your creative efforts have changed my musical life.

I was planning a trip to town to buy new monitors today, but after the version 2 firmware - I don't feel a need for new monitors. My AxeII is sounding really 'right' and I can easily tweak the patches to get really, really good sounds. I no longer need to radically tweak an external parametric eq to get my sound close - I no longer need the EQ at all.

Am I supposed to send the $1,200 I had budgeted for the monitors to FAS?

Just ran home on my lunch and updated. Quickly ran through some of the amps and well, Steve says it best...

I think by the end of the week I'll finally be changing my sig 8)

Some Marshall 50W amp sims specifically tailored around 2.0 Firmware.
For your listening pleasure.

(The Fuzzface and Rat pedals in first two patches are
preset in the Bypass position - turn them on!).

Last edited:
1. Press Utility button.
2. Tab to RESET page.
3. Press enter.
4. Press enter again after prompted.

Done.

From the Wiki:

[h=3]Reset System[/h] This menu page includes a single parameter that is used to restore the factory default settings to System Parameters, specifically:

• GLOBAL Configuration parameters, Global OUT1 and OUT2 settings.
  • IO Input, Audio, MIDI, Control and Pedal Parameters.
  • LCD Display Contrast.
The following areas are NOT affected by RESET SYSTEM PARAMS:

• User scale settings are NOT modified.
  • User Cabs are NOT affected.
  • Global Blocks are NOT affected.
  • Preset memories are NOT affected.
  • Firmware is NOT affected.
To Reset System Parameters, select this menu page, then press ENTER.
A dialog will prompt you to “RESET ALL?” Press ENTER to execute the reset.

------------

Just to double check... is this saying that I will have to setup the midi CC's (?) again in the Axe-fx to correspond what is on the stomps on the UNO FCB1010?

Thanks!

Just to double check... is this saying that I will have to setup the midi CC's (?) again in the Axe-fx to correspond what is on the stomps on the UNO FCB1010?
Yes, if you are using something other than the Axe-II default CC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom