Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering why you guys are not power up/down sequencing correctly. A lot of equipment before a power amp will do this if the amp is on.
Power amps on last, off first. Shouldn't be an issue.
Am I missing something else discussed somewhere?

Can't wait to try 2.0

That's been my sequence of choice for all my other gear. No worries with the Axe. FRFR cab on last -off first.

I'm just wondering why you guys are not power up/down sequencing correctly. A lot of equipment before a power amp will do this if the amp is on.
Power amps on last, off first. Shouldn't be an issue.
Am I missing something else discussed somewhere?

Can't wait to try 2.0
Yup.. you are missing something :) 1.05 (or was it 1.04 - I forget) introduced a noticeable "pop" on shutdown - especially for connected headphones, that did not exist in prior firmware(s) releases and had nothing to do with shutdown or start up sequence. I agree with your post on on/off sequence, but if you had phones connected to the II and even you shut it off last, the pop occurred and was very evident. This had not occurred on other firmware releases. 2.00 cleaned it up significantly.

Last edited:
Yup.. you are missing something :) 1.05 (or was it 1.04 - I forget) introduced a noticeable "pop" on shutdown - especially for connected headphones, that did not exist in prior firmware(s) releases and had nothing to do with shutdown or start up sequence. I agree with your post on on/off sequence, but if you had phones connected to the II and even you shut it off last, the pop occurred and was very evident. This had not occurred on other firmware releases. 2.00 cleaned it up significantly.

Ahhh..haven't used headphones. Probably why I never noticed it.

BTW...this FW update rocks. Big bouncy bass notes on the Fenders. No mud. I was having a really hard time getting my LP Custom to not mush out with the Master cranked. Sounds great now. All the bass cuts I was doing are now back to default. The overall feel is so much better also. That was the first thing I noticed. Feels much, much closer to playing through real tubes than it ever has.

The AC30's are awesome also....Plexi's...what can I say??? Bravo.

The system reset makes everything sound ideal!
What an amazing Firmware upgrade this is. Cliff,
you've outdone yourself, and Axe II is starting to
show its true muscle.

To illustrate, here is a metal patch featuring BOTH new amp
sims in the 2.0 Firmware, in skull-crushing stereo. Listen to
the "chug" on these!

I updated my firmware from 2a to 2b and now my Axe locks up after 10-15 seconds then goes into a weird light sequence. How can I fix this? Thanks.

I updated my firmware from 2a to 2b and now my Axe locks up after 10-15 seconds then goes into a weird light sequence. How can I fix this? Thanks.
Try readying your system preferences. If that doesn't do it you might have some corupt presets. Try restoring the factory presets ( hopefully you have backups).

javajunkie said:
Try readying your system preferences. If that doesn't do it you might have some corupt presets. Try restoring the factory presets ( hopefully you have backups).

I only have factory presets on it. I've narrowed it down to it only happening when connected via USB to my Mac. Tried different USB cable. Gonna try with a PC now.

Very strange. Never had a problem before the upgrade. Might try loading older firmware if I can find it.

Every one has been raving about the factory presets in Firmware 1 in the II. How have these been affected by upgrading to 2a? Do they need to be re-tweaked after the upgrade?

From the Firmware release notes:
NOTE: Existing presets should be checked as this value may load to a value of other than 5.0 depending upon what version of firmware was originally used to create the preset. All factory presets have been reworked as the factory presets will load to 0.0.

So, I went to the support page to get the latest "reworked" factory presets, but the text for Axe Fx II has this old date (and the comment says Ultra)

Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B and C
7/25/2010 - Banks A, B, and C for the Axe-Fx Ultra
Current for latest firmware - (Sysex file in zip archive)

and this is the download link:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware+presets/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-preset-banks.zip

Are these the reworked factory presets?

I only have factory presets on it. I've narrowed it down to it only happening when connected via USB to my Mac. Tried different USB cable. Gonna try with a PC now.

Very strange. Never had a problem before the upgrade. Might try loading older firmware if I can find it.

Also does it with my PC. Freezes up only when USB is plugged in to a computer that is turned on.

Is there any harm in reverting back to 2a from 2b to see if it goes away? Im a little nervous doing it because there is a chance it will freeze while updating.

The system reset makes everything sound ideal!
What an amazing Firmware upgrade this is. Cliff,
you've outdone yourself, and Axe II is starting to
show its true muscle.

To illustrate, here is a metal patch featuring BOTH new amp
sims in the 2.0 Firmware, in skull-crushing stereo. Listen to
the "chug" on these!

Damn! You are over 70 patches Smile... Over halfway to a SmileFan "Bank" of Presets.

Is there any harm in reverting back to 2a from 2b to see if it goes away? Im a little nervous doing it because there is a chance it will freeze while updating.
No harm. Have you tried restyling the system parameters. It is in the utilities menu?

>>>Reverted Output Level tapers to original taper.<<<<<<<<<

Any chance of reverting this back again? The previous taper worked much better for me>

Danny W.

I don't care either way, but it would be nice to select a taper like the volume block for the output knobs.

My update hung on "Verifying...". I powered off and then back on and all seems ok. Scary though.

Mine hung up on 'verifying' as well....something happened to my global cab settings...they all switched to 'y' when they were on 'x' previously, and I think 'x' is a different cab as well.

Also, one of my global amps changed from 'euro blue', on y, to 'recto orange modern', also on y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom