Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay thanks Cliff!!!

Can anyone post the release notes for 2.0?

(on iPad and can't view the Zip)

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes
NOTE: THIS VERSION WILL LIKELY CHANGE THE SOUND OF EXISTING PRESETS. THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AMP MODELING. YOU SHOULD AUDITION ALL YOUR PRESETS AFTER INSTALLATION AND CHECK FOR PROPER OPERATION AND TONE. AN AMP MODEL CAN BE RESET BY TEMPORARILY CHANGING THE AMP TYPE AND THEN CHANGING BACK TO THE DESIRED TYPE. THIS WILL LOAD THE MODEL WITH DEFAULT PARAMETERS.

NOTE: ALTHOUGH THE AXE-FX II WILL AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT UPON UPDATING THE FIRMWARE IT IS RECOMMENDED TO POWER CYCLE THE UNIT AFTER INSTALLING THIS FIRMWARE.

NOTE: DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF CHANGES IN THIS FIRMWARE YOU MAY NEED TO RESET YOUR SYSTEM PARAMETERS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE STRANGE PRESET BEHAVIOR AFTER INSTALLING THIS PRESET WE RECOMMEND PERFORMING A PARAMETER RESET VIA THE UTILITY MENU.

Added “Triode Hardness” parameter to amp block. This parameter controls how sharply the triodes enter saturation and can be used to simulate softer or harder tubes. The default value is 5.0 and is set to this value whenever the type is changed. The effect of this is subtle and most apparent at edge of breakup. Lower values give softer saturation, higher values give a more aggressive breakup.

NOTE: Existing presets should be checked as this value may load to a value of other than 5.0 depeding upon what version of firmware was originally used to create the preset. All factory presets have been reworked as the factory presets will load to 0.0.

Exposed the second-to-last triode plate frequency: Triode1 Plate Freq. This parameter sets the cutoff frequency of the plate impedance for the next-to-last triode in the chain. Many amps have a capacitor across this triode’s plate resistor. This capacitor is used to smooth the response and reduce noise. You can adjust the amount of capacitance, and the resulting frequency, using this parameter. The last triode plate capacitor is also exposed: Triode2 Plate Freq.

Reworked most amp models. Corrected various mistakes and updated Miller capacitance values based on recent research.

Added SOLO X99 LEAD model. Based on the lead channel of a Soldano X99 preamp.

Added RECTO ORG MDRN model. Based on the Modern channel of a new Dual Rectifier with the voicing in the Modern position.

Added Cabinet Size warping. This allows the user to change the relative size of the speaker. Note: feature only available in Mono modes.

Reverted Output Level tapers to original taper.

Reduced power-off pop.

Added Low Rate Mult parameter to Rotary block. This parameter adjusts the rate of the virtual LF drum relative to the HF rotor.

Added Time Const. Parameters to Rotary block. These parameters control how fast the respective rates change in response to changes in the rate.

Added Input Select to Volume block.

Exposed Mixer block Drive parameter to Modification.

Improved GUI performance. Screen draws are now faster which should reduce sluggishness at high CPU usage.

Fixed bypass state not being saved properly when switching between X/Y and then changing state.

Fixed Looper block not reporting controllers correctly to MFC-101.

Fixed Pitch block using same custom scale degrees for both X and Y.

Fixed MIDI processing not handling running status properly.

Fixed CPU usage increasing if USB not initialized.

My word the Recto is SUBERB!!!

Just tried it with a Bare Knuckle nailbomb humbucker, and it is the best sounding high gain tone i have heard from the Ax by far!!

"Added RECTO ORG MDRN model. Based on the Modern channel of a new Dual Rectifier with the voicing in the Modern position."

+1... This is the channel that I've been digging from my buddy's Triple Rectifier (which from what I understand is basically the same)...

The GUI is definitely much more responsive overall...

There was a huge blanket that was lifted with 2.00... head to head with my buddy's Triple Recto was almost indistinguishable on both clean and distortion at least in the room we were in... now it's off to the mini amp fest this coming weekend!

I just want to give you a BIG THANK YOU for adding this amp sim Cliff... you rock!

P.S. Any way we can get all the amp sims in a more intuitive order? Thanks!

P.S.S. Is it just me or is the headphone output a bit lower than 1.xx? I had it maxed and the output meter showed about 85-90 output it really did sound very loud through my BeyerDynamics DT770s... I'll have to test it with other amp settings...

Last edited:
"Added RECTO ORG MDRN model. Based on the Modern channel of a new Dual Rectifier with the voicing in the Modern position."

+1... This is the channel that I've been digging from my buddy's Triple Rectifier (which from what I understand is basically the same)... I just want to thank you for adding this amp sim Cliff... you rock!

It is superb through my Focal monitors, totally aggressive tone without the "blanket effect" hopefully through PA & cab will be just as good!!

Last edited:
There was a huge blanket that was lifted with 2.00... head to head with my buddy's Triple Recto was almost indistinguishable on both clean and distortion at least in the room we were in...

In general are you saying this update has improved all amp sims, or specifically just the new recto?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom