Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

were you using your Axe II as an interface to update the MFC?

Have you checked if:

I/O-menu -> MIDI -> USB_ADAPTER_MODE is set to "OFF" again?

Best,

Jochen
i updated with midi. So USB Adapter is off. Someone has same problem hier. Please take a look at MFC forum section!
Danke!

I downloaded the new presets for 2.0, but when I try to load the new banks from Axe-Edit it gets hung up. My old presets are still there. When it hangs up it goes all the way to 100% first then goes to about 9% and hangs up. I can load individual presets from the new bank, but no more than one at a time or it hangs up. I have downloaded the preset banks twice in case there were any download errors.

I believe this is the correct way to update the factory preset banks.

Download Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B and C to your desktop.
Open Axe-Edit.
Open Axe-Manage
In AXE-EDIT tab click on Banks and open Axe-Fx II folder.
Drag Banks A,B & C to Axe-Fx II banks folder
Right click on V2_bankA.syx, V2_bankB.syx or C, scroll to Send to Axe-Fx, This Bank, Select A,B or C and SAVE

Last edited:

Open Axe-Edit.
Open Axe-Manage
Right click on V2_bankA.syx, V2_bankB.syx or C, scroll to Send to Axe-Fx, This Bank, Select A,B or C and SAVE
you can locate them from any location within the editor (no need to move them to the II folder) and right click/send them over.

the good news for me is hopefully when the next batch ships the presets will be installed with 2.0 until the next major upgrade lol

Open Axe-Edit.
Open Axe-Manage

This is how I was trying to update my presets and it still locks up. (see previous post)

So looks like there might be a bit of a flaw in the Axe II design now that a new firmware is out that needs new factory presets unless i am missing something. Does not look like you can back them up to the factory preset area in the II. Can only do a restore from factory presets which means getting the pre 2.0 firmware set that do not have correct settings.

Am i right or just missing something?

I got my AXE FX II on friday. Pluged it in. I went through about 200 presets, wow it sounded amazing.
Then.. hold on. There was an update, wasn't it. Check version 1.05. Update to 2.0..

WHAAAT? I am in tone heaven!!!

Thanks Cliff!!!

I had no issue doing the update, only took like a min. I didn't really have much of a "POP" on 1.05 but since updating I get a very loud digital beep on startup. Odd.

New recto sounds great! Nice work Cliff and crew!

So looks like there might be a bit of a flaw in the Axe II design now that a new firmware is out that needs new factory presets unless i am missing something. Does not look like you can back them up to the factory preset area in the II. Can only do a restore from factory presets which means getting the pre 2.0 firmware set that do not have correct settings.

Am i right or just missing something?

No "flaw"... Cliff already posted he is contemplating giving the way to replace the stock presets though the utility menu... But I'm sure he's weary of all the "can of worms" that it's going to open up with folks screwing it up and possibly screwing up their units... Then after that, Cliff will probably have to have the units sent to him and "fix" them up... Definitely not something he's looking forward to...

No "flaw"... Cliff already posted he is contemplating giving the way to replace the stock presets though the utility menu... But I'm sure he's weary of all the "can of worms" that it's going to open up with folks screwing it up and possibly screwing up their units... Then after that, Cliff will probably have to have the units sent to him and "fix" them up... Definitely not something he's looking forward to...

Also if you restore the original factory settings it adjusts the parameters to the correct values on recall.

Question. I have replaced many of the original factory presets with my own variations and various patches from the forum. Of course, they are spread out over all 383 presets. What is the correct procedure on updating the existing presets to 2.0. Do I have to replace all the presets with the updated factory presets then individually reload the factory patches I replaced with downloaded/original ones?? If so, should I save each of those original patches in Axe-Edit as an individual patch, load the 2.0 presets and then reload the originals one at a time? I hope there is a simpler method.

Anyone else have the loud digital beep on startup with 2.0c?

No biggie, just haven't heard anyone else bring it up.

The other day, I went to the doctor. I said, "It hurts when I do this", he said "Don't do that".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom