Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe edit tells me its the same frimware when going from 2.0a to 2.0b and 2.0b to 2.0c at very end of firmware upgrade.
Anybody else get that?

Axe edit tells me its the same frimware when going from 2.0a to 2.0b and 2.0b to 2.0c at very end of firmware upgrade.
Anybody else get that?
I think Sean posted an answer to this same question earlier in this same thread... AxeEdit version checking is based on a change in value of a decimal number format of 9.99
So if you go from 9.99 to 9.99a (eg: 2.00 to 2.00c) - it does not consider that a version change. Hence the message you get after an upgrade. Ignore it.
Check the firmware on the boot screen or utility pages on Axe itself.

... dang beaten to it again.. I need to type faster... Thx Scott :)

Update from 2.0b to 2.0c went smooth.

Funny thing, I was playing the Cameron patch just before the update. After the reboot the Cameron patch came up and it seemed tighter.

Try the 2.0c firmware.

Loaded and still the same small pops. I noticed it actually happens with other knobs though, not just out2. Or at least the value encoder.

I also noticed that in AxEdit, double clicking on my reverb and delay blocks only momentarily bypasses them in the axe. They show bypassed in axedit, but the axe returns to the recall screen after a split second and the effect turns back on. Only happens with reverb and delay as far as i can tell. amp, cab, rotary and others stay bypassed.

Any ideas?

edit - looks like this only happens on preset #1. I can deal with that!

Last edited:
So I finally got my AXEII to 2.0C and MFC to 1.04
Just loving the presets. Thanks TEAM FAS for the updates.
I got it too but since then i can not connect axe2 and MFC via Cat5 cable. Only with MIDI cable. I ve tried everything with no success. Please help if you know how to solve the problem.
Thank you!

Hi,

I got it too but since then i can not connect axe2 and MFC via Cat5 cable. Only with MIDI cable. I ve tried everything with no success. Please help if you know how to solve the problem.
Thank you!

have you changed the port on the MFC to "EXPANSION"? I think with the restore (you did after the firmware update) it is set up for MIDI (factory default)

Edit -> MIDI -> PORT -> select EXPANSION with up/down -> Edit (to save and exit)

Best,

Jochen

Have to say this:

Like every amp, preamp, guitarunit.... You have to mess with it to get YOUR sound. If it´s to bassy. Dial out some bass. Not ebough treble?? Dial in some more..
A factory setup is not ready for all the guitar-monitor-poweramp-cab combinations out there. Turn some knobs and see what you find.

If you buy a Mesa, Marshall etc, do anyone expect that the guys from that company comes to your home and tweak your amp?? Turn some knobs and learn how the amp reacts.

Don´t complain about the presets.

MAKE YOUR OWN!!!!

Downloaded and installed 2.0c, very fast to install.. so far everything is working very well, and I'm really liking the sound.. It keeps getting better, and better all the time, and for FREE too :)
Thanks again Cliff, nice job.

The Global EQ's are there for a reason. I have to cut the lower frequencies with my monitors, dramatically cutting the first 2 sliders gets rid of the boomy bass through a monitor thing, at least for me. With a power amp into a Thiele cab with an EV-12L I slightly boost the low frequencies. The concepts of 'flat' and 'FRFR' has resulted in tons of gear that sound nothing alike. There's no way any gear will sound the same on different monitors without some tweaking.

Try a few factory patches of differing styles (Fender Clean, Recto, Wrecker, Cameron) and work with the global EQ. If you can get a disparate group of factory patches to sound good, then your approaching where FAS is hearing things. Patches should now be easier to tweak to taste.

I just loaded 2.0c and the new factory patches. Wow is an understatement! Just the first 30 or 40 are incredible!

Yep, I have to say I liked the taper better in 1.05.

Not only that, but turning the output knob makes the "zipper" noises again.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, same here......very jumpy...seems impossible to get a low volume. It jumps from nothing to, kinda loud.
\

YES....Please fix!!

1.05.syx = 1488KB
2.00.syx = 1503KB

The best 15KB I've ever heard...

"ditto"... thought the Ultra was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then got the AXE duece... then the latest firmware updates !!...

1.05.syx = 1488KB
2.00.syx = 1503KB

The best 15KB I've ever heard...

"ditto"... just like Christmas when I was a kid. I'm floored.

Mega on the thanks Cliff !

Last edited:
Everyone is happy about the new amps but, has anyone checked out the 6160 post change? I had a hard time getting a good tone out of that model. Now with a 4x12 cali and a ts808 infront just sound indestructible. Really happy with this 2.0 patch.

-Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom