Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so not a flaw then, just something thats not exposed. Not sure how it would be more of a source of problems than doing a firmware update but i'm sure Cliff knows more about the ins and outs than i do.

Good to know that doing a restore of factory presets does set everything up correctly for 2.0. Guess that's built into the 2.0 firmware to "fix" this.

Thanks for the info guys.

Mark

I had no issue doing the update, only took like a min. I didn't really have much of a "POP" on 1.05 but since updating I get a very loud digital beep on startup. Odd.

New recto sounds great! Nice work Cliff and crew!

I too get a loud digital beep any cures out there? during startup

I finally got the new preset version banks to load to the axefx but I had to do it on a different computer. Don't know what the problem is with my main computer with uploading a new bank.

My Axe II issue, where the LCD screen lights up but is blank, turns out has nothing to do with the firmware upgrade. It might be a bad power supply so...back to Fractal it goes.....-Mike

I too get a loud digital beep any cures out there? during startup

If it's plugged in via USB when I hit the power button, it does the beep. If not, no beep.

Other oddity is that before I didn't have what I would consider a "loud pop" on start up or shutdown. Since the update, yea I have a massive loud pop. Louder on startup than shut down. To avoid I have to unplug the cans every time. Gremlins...

I finally got the new preset version banks to load to the axefx but I had to do it on a different computer. Don't know what the problem is with my main computer with uploading a new bank.

Say again. How'd you get the new preset banks loaded? Details, thanks.

Say again. How'd you get the new preset banks loaded? Details, thanks.

Download Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B & C to your desktop.

Open Axe-Edit.

Select SOURCE: -> Bank File

Browse to the v2 bank file on your desktop

Select Bank File To Open… A, B or C and Open

Click SAVE AS -> Send Bank to Hardware… Select Bank For Bank File…

Select A, B or C and SAVE

So, I was wondering are there actually NEW presets, or just reworked presets of the same that came with the 2? Im a bit confused. what is the reason for a new preset file? thanks

So, I was wondering are there actually NEW presets, or just reworked presets of the same that came with the 2? Im a bit confused. what is the reason for a new preset file? thanks

From what I can see the new ones fixed some bugs in the earlier version and then also added support for the correct values of Triad Hardness that was introduced in 2.0

Question. I have replaced many of the original factory presets with my own variations and various patches from the forum. Of course, they are spread out over all 383 presets. What is the correct procedure on updating the existing presets to 2.0. Do I have to replace all the presets with the updated factory presets then individually reload the factory patches I replaced with downloaded/original ones?? If so, should I save each of those original patches in Axe-Edit as an individual patch, load the 2.0 presets and then reload the originals one at a time? I hope there is a simpler method.

Just curious if you've done this yet or does anyone have the best recco? I am in the same boat. I've updated to 2.0c and have replaced all my custom patches with the new v2 factory patches and just wondering if I can now upload my backed up custom patches all at once (Bank A-C). Will my custom patches that were created in 1.05 reflect the changes in 2.0C or do I create them all over again?

Why? Presets and firmware are separate.

I think with the new update (2.0C) you have to re-download the factory presets for the changes to be heard. Then edit or upload your custom patches. I was asking above if your custom patches that were edited in 1.05 auto update/change with the new firmware 2.0C when you upload them back in through AXE-EDIT. If not, it looks like some of us starting from scratch (again).

Last edited:
gvsb15 said:
I think with the new update (2.0C) you have to re-download the factory presets for the changes to be heard. Then edit or upload your custom patches. I was asking above if your custom patches that were edited in 1.05 auto update/change with the new firmware 2.0C when you upload them back in through AXE-EDIT. If not, it looks like some of us starting from scratch (again).

You do. I was responding to the waiting for firmware 2.1. I wouldn't wait till then to reload and edit your own patches.

how do i update my banks via axe- edit? i've already downloaded the correct ones but i don't know how to upload the banks via axe-edit.... i have already updated the firmware correctly however.... thanks in advance

i've actually figured out how to upload the new banks via the instructions on the previous page.... it's said it uploaded the banks in axe-edit but i didn't get a confirmation on the axe fx II screen itself, it just did all the uploads on the preset called "backline"

can someone confirm if i did this correctly and is there a way to verify that the new banks are on the axe fx II/ via the axe fx II screen it self, or axe-edit?

also what are the new updates on the new patch banks? why did why need to download them? etc... thanks! -mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom