Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Today i played 12.04beta through my Q12a. I prefer to play this cube placed directly horizontal on the floor with a room correcition IR i did to get most FRFR AND similiar "room preception" like with a real cab.

Just put a JM45 or Double Verb in the Amp Block, both to default parameters. No tweaks. zapped through the factory cabs and find some good ones translated well with the default settings on the Amp Block. Sounds AND feels very nice, not that much differences to a much bigger guitar Cabinet "feel wise". Very promising.

Last edited:
Just back from using 12.04b live for the first time, and I don't say this lightly ... H O L Y - S H I T B A L L S

Full, rich tones, sweet highs, great feel. Had a fun night and 2 guys came up, separately & unprompted, to compliment the tones.

You've really hit this out of the park now, Cliff :encouragement:

It might be the placebo effect, but the high register notes all seem to sustain more and are thicker sounding to my ears.

17th and 19th position on the high E and B seemed to lose a little oomph for me in the past.

This seems different now, more amp like in that register.

CSI? Google didn't help.

Crime Scene Investigation?
Computer Security Institute?
College of Southern Idaho?
Committee for Skeptical Inquiry?

Two gigs this week on the beta. Sounds great!

Using a shiver LD with El34s for lower gain and another patch with a shiver LD with 6l6 (the default) for higher gain tones. Great differences in feel and tone. Especially the differences in the low end.

I'm endorsed by Bogner, I'm curious that the shiver LD is based of the 20th anniversary. They usually have kt88s in the 20th. My shiva 20th got custom built with EL34s. The AxeFx sounds scary close.

I just upgraded and it was my first time - super smooth and easy!

I think there seems to be a slower load time when connected to Apple USB I to monitors but this might be just me ......

Anyhoo I love this thing - I'm thinking of selling my AC30 and Fender Vibro champ EC - I just can't see myself mic'ing up ever again

Played out last night and have another gig tonight. The opening band had a couple of decent guitar players in it. When it was our set they gravitated to my side of the stage watching me work over the MFC and Axe. After our set I was complimented several times by them and some of the other players that happened to be there in the bar. Most of the places I play I am their first exposure to an AxeFXII. I like to think I've been a good representation so far. Most cannot beleive what kind of sound they are hearing through the FOH and my "rig." The other players that night had a Bogner and older Marshall head. Looking forward to digging in some more this evening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom