Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

You can import a preset in AE3. This lets you audiotion it without overwriting stuff on your Axe-Fx.
Or use the Bot.

apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but is there a reason these files haven't been put up in the main Support page?

Dear Mr. Cliff Chase,

You have NO idea the kind of happiness and ease of great guitar tone that you're ushered into this world. As a musician and a producer in a third world country, where backline is difficult to come by and costs one's right nut to rent it out, the Axe FX is a MARVEL. Sounds and feels great, and costs roughly as much as a Dual Rectifier half stack (i think the latter is a wee bit more expensive). Even getting replacement tubes here is a huge issue, and owing to flight travel as the only means of transport for most pro touring bands (India is a BIG country, and gig towns are fairly far apart) owning a backline and travelling with one is a HUGE PITA.

Apart from the way it sounds, the interface is super winsauce! I can do stuff that I could have only dreamed of doing in a complex DAW rig, or with some serious routing hassles. This unit makes it a breeze - splitting and merging signals, creating fx loops and assigning modifiers to most controls - genius.

Ok I'm getting all sentimental here. Just to let you know how popular this unit is - in India, this unit costs roughly 2800$ post shipping, tax etc. Add to that the fact that salaries here are a LOT lesser than what they are in Europe/America/Japan/Australia. Most of the serious guys I know, who are not completely over the top tube snobs, have gone ahead and gotten themselves the axe fx 2, which will probably take most of us here quite a few months to pay back, if not a year or more. Add to that the horror of there being no support here - closest being singapore. And no official dealership. But we're still buying, and crossing our fingers hoping that nothing goes wrong, trusting in the sexual build quality and prompt replies from FAS support.

I hope you get great sleep at night knowing that a LOT of people all over the world are either singing your praises every chance they get, or thanking the ridiculous weight loss their live rigs have undergone, or are flat out lusting after it, saving their hard earned money so they can finally put an end to their quest for great, reliable guitar tone.

Take a bow, good man, take a bow :) but more importantly, take a vacation before the missus (don't know if there is one, but i remember reading somewhere that there was?) whoops your ass haha.

Sincerely,
A deliriously happy customer.

apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but is there a reason these files haven't been put up in the main Support page?

Usually they are on the forum a few days, then get added to the site.

I spent a good amount of time yesterday (Monday) with v11.02
just rolling through the presets, finding what I liked and didn't like.
home studio volume, monitoring through RCF12

Played my Epiphone Nouveau Spotlight with the original black EMG pups.
This guitar has NEVER sounded this good.

Mind = Blown

as you were....

Last edited:
Why is this posted on the forum & not the main website ?

Hey Guys, so just wondering why and how things are posted
for this V11.1 how come this is not on the main support section of the website ?
just trying to figure out how, what, where and when with my new world of AXE-FX II.

Thanks Jmo

Hey Guys, so just wondering why and how things are posted
for this V11.1 how come this is not on the main support section of the website ?
just trying to figure out how, what, where and when with my new world of AXE-FX II.

Thanks Jmo

I'm sure the guys had the weekend off for Labor Day here in the USA. Cliff posted the fix on the forum where the heavy users were lurking and ready to pounce on it. They are probably changing their focus from v11 and AE3.0, to Axe Fest, so it might take longer than normal to post it.

It sounds like Cliff is already working on v11.02, so it might come out so fast, that 11.01 never makes it to the support page.

Firmware:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/11.0/axefx2_11p01.zip

Updated presets. There were some duplicate presets and some presets with an FX Loop. The duplicates have been removed and the FX Loop removed:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/11.0/V11p01_Factory_Presets.zip

Hi Cliff - thanks again for your tireless efforts and please forgive this newbie question in advance:

Are we to use the bot to upload both 11.01 and the updated presets .syx files? :icon_question:

Hi Cliff - thanks again for your tireless efforts and please forgive this newbie question in advance:

Are we to use the bot to upload both 11.01 and the updated presets .syx files? :icon_question:

I'm not Cliff, but yes. You could also use a 3rd party SysEx manager like SysEx Librarian or MidiOX, but with Fractal-Bot, it's not necessary anymore.

11.02 is up:

Added Overdrive control to TX Star Lead model. Fixed wrong cutoff frequency.
Fixed wrong tone-stack type in Jazz 120 model. Added correct “Jazz 120” tone-stack type to available selections.

My mind is just blown along with my ears. Every amp I play (and I can't get far because I love each one so much)....today the AC30, Dumble Clean and Doubleverb...is fantastic. I can hardly believe the sound coming from my CLR. All I've done is take a preset, tweak the drive/trim and/or tone a bit, maybe turn the mix of reverb or delay up or down a little. And it sounds freakin amazing. It's been great before, but I'm living the dream of having a ridiculous collection of amazing sounding rigs at the touch of a switch, knob or button.

It is so inspiring. I'm profoundly grateful for all the work on the journey that got us to this point. We who have this box and love tone are so fortunate.

I was always like "the Axe is really cool, sounds like an amp, feels pretty much like one, and so many options in one box for that price - nice". Appreciating it, but in a rather sober way.
I had no time to mess with FW10 since after updating from 9 to 10, I lent the Axe to friends who used it in bigger production, and until I got it back just last week, FW11 was out. So I jumped straight from 9 to 11.
Oh my God. It is so good it is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Really really really utterly ridiculous. It's outrageous. 'nuff said?
Mr. Chase, you are a genius, and a very bad business man for not charging us for FW updates. Or the most customer friendly manager on earth. Or so. I don't know if they have managers on Titan. Or Neptune. It might be too cold there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom