Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

OK ... but the FX Block issue was already fixed in the preset ZIP file released with 11.01. I believe those notes in the original post are for the 11.01 release. Then Cliff release FW 11.02, but only the FW link was updated in the original post, not the presets - that's what I'm getting at. So if you already installed the 11.01 FW & presets, you should not have to update the presets again with 11.02 FW - you already have the latest presets.

OK ... but the FX Block issue was already fixed in the preset ZIP file released with 11.01. I believe those notes in the original post are for the 11.01 release. Then Cliff release FW 11.02, but only the FW link was updated in the original post, not the presets - that's what I'm getting at. So if you already installed the 11.01 FW & presets, you should not have to update the presets again with 11.02 FW - you already have the latest presets.
Which is why V11p01_Factory_Presets.zip has the V11_All_Banks.syx file dated 9/1/2013 10:33 PM, and the latest V11_Factory_Presets.zip also has the V11_All_Banks.syx file dated 9/1/2013 10:33 PM. That's all I was getting at - they appear to be the same ZIP file, only renamed now.

Just bought the Vintage and Modern OH IRs, and after loading up 100 of them in all my user slots, every time I would cycle through several cabinets, the axe fx would turn off and back on. I tried changing in certain cabs, but nothing helped. Loaded a clean-systemv11.syx via Fractal Bot, and now all seems well. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I can't think of why the Ownhammer cabinets could be corrupt.

There's just something about a new firmware update that gets me all warm and fuzzy... bug fixes or not! Thanks again Cliff! How about 11.03 The Big Mo update! ;)

ooh wow.....that was fast! Fastest update ever! @ Cliff: Should we all send some donations, so you could fly to hawaii for your vacation? I'm sure the weather is fine overthere! Take a rest, really..... :)

cheers
Paco

So there was something wrong with the jc120?

edit - forget about that, just read the release notes

Last edited:
I'm assuming if we either create a new patch or change from an existing Lonestar to the new Lonestar (or the same on the JC120 side) we'd be golden without reloading all of the presets again?? Please let me know if I'm completely missing the point, or if my coffee hasn't yet kicked in. ;)

Cheers,

Lee

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have a question about the banks A,B,C sys files. Do they have to be uploaded or can I use the v10. I never now what to do when a new version is released.
What's the best practice.

Thanks

Hi all,
After upgrading from v11.01 to 11.02, i see always V11.01 on my axe-edit interface? Do you have the same problem?

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and have a question about the banks A,B,C sys files. Do they have to be uploaded or can I use the v10. I never now what to do when a new version is released.

Thanks
You don't "have" to do anything... if you wanna try new presets you can but nothing is mandatory. You can keep your own presets and not install the factory presets. Those are only sample presets...

Reactions: Rex
Or at least more accurate compared to the real amp, with similar settings. Usually a sonic change, so "the same" isn't usually the case, but for my ears, "better" is common. Each person's ears decides for them though. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Hi all,
After upgrading from v11.01 to 11.02, i see always V11.01 on my axe-edit interface? Do you have the same problem?

+1 with the same thing

Absolutely loving this upgrade though, AC30 and JCM800 sounding soo nice, thinking a nice Thrice patch

Hiwatt Jumped.. Presence dont work??

Bug ??

Hiwatt Jumped.. Presence don`t work??

I dont know.. if its supose to work.

None of the HiWatt models have Presence that work...

Presence seems to work on my jumpered HiWatt, especially as the MV is set fairly low. As the MV is set to 10 or close to that, the presence doesn't provide as noticeable of a change.

Hi all,
You don't hhave to load the new presets. If you're using older factory presets, the new presets will be tweaked to sound better with the new firmware. If all you use is your own presets, there's not much point in loading the factory ones.

Bottom line: the new firmware will still work, whether you load the new presets or not.

I'm not Cliff, but yes. You could also use a 3rd party SysEx manager like SysEx Librarian or MidiOX, but with Fractal-Bot, it's not necessary anymore.

Thanks Chris - loaded both FW11.02 and Presets successfully with the Bot.

One thing though - I noticed some bottom end spiking around the B to D notes on the low E and A strings that I didn't notice with FW11.

Maybe its just the speakers - I am playing through a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitor speakers at home for the moment.
But I did not notice the low end spike with FW11.

Are these KRK 8" speakers a poor reference for tweaking presets? What are the typical steps a user should try to resolve this low end booming? LOL is it as simple as "turn down the bass per preset" or is there another solution?

Back
Top Bottom