Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

LOL is it as simple as "turn down the bass per preset" or is there another solution?

There are a number of ways. You can indeed simply turn down the bass... or switch in the Bass Cut... fiddle with Graphic in Amp... raise Low Cut frequency in Cab block... insert an EQ block... insert a Multiband Comp block between Amp & Cab... etc etc etc :)

ok, so after backing up my presets i updated to 11.01 now i'm updating the presets banks. in the meantime i come over to the forum and see 11.02?? geez thats quick! But i have a questions; are the preset banks different again too? or are the banks i downloaded with 11.01 the same?

Here's Cliff's reply:

ok, so after backing up my presets i updated to 11.01 now i'm updating the presets banks. in the meantime i come over to the forum and see 11.02?? geez thats quick! But i have a questions; are the preset banks different again too? or are the banks i downloaded with 11.01 the same?

If you're not interested in the new Lonestar or JC120 model there's no need to update.

The presets are the same for 11.01 and 11.02. Open the zip files and check the date/time stamp and you'll see that they're the same presets.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any factory presets since V1 but from what Cliff said, there is a difference but the difference only involves the Lonestar & JC120.

The presets are the same for 11.01 and 11.02. Open the zip files and check the date/time stamp and you'll see that they're the same presets.

I must have spent about 3-4 posts trying to convey this exact point yesterday, but it didn't seem to get through! :lol

Thanks Chris - loaded both FW11.02 and Presets successfully with the Bot.

One thing though - I noticed some bottom end spiking around the B to D notes on the low E and A strings that I didn't notice with FW11.

Maybe its just the speakers - I am playing through a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitor speakers at home for the moment.
But I did not notice the low end spike with FW11.

Are these KRK 8" speakers a poor reference for tweaking presets? What are the typical steps a user should try to resolve this low end booming? LOL is it as simple as "turn down the bass per preset" or is there another solution?

Ahh. Bass spike (reported above) disappeared after FW 11.03 and AE 3.0.1 updates tonight. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom