Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

I lent the Axe to friends who used it in bigger production, and until I got it back just last week, FW11 was out. So I jumped straight from 9 to 11.

You will never lend it out to your friends again. You will not be able to live without it for even one day. 'nuff said. :)

Thanks Cliff! Just updated to FW11.02 and noticed something. Maybe already reported and if so please ignore........
In AE3.0 the parameters that are changed in AE3.0 are not showing the corresponding change on the front panel as before. I moved the "NAV" value on the front panel to the appropriate parameter (Ex. treble) and it then showed the correct change that was made in AE3.0. In simple terms...... It's not mirroring on the front panel what is changed in AE3.0. :)

Thanks Cliff! Just updated to FW11.02 and noticed something. Maybe already reported and if so please ignore........
In AE3.0 the parameters that are changed in AE3.0 are not showing the corresponding change on the front panel as before. I moved the "NAV" value on the front panel to the appropriate parameter (Ex. treble) and it then showed the correct change that was made in AE3.0. In simple terms...... It's not mirroring on the front panel what is changed in AE3.0. :)

My bad.... I rebooted my AE3 and it is working as designed. Carry on with the best product for Guitarists ever!!!! :mrgreen

11.02 is up:

Added Overdrive control to TX Star Lead model. Fixed wrong cutoff frequency.
Fixed wrong tone-stack type in Jazz 120 model. Added correct “Jazz 120” tone-stack type to available selections.

I actually went into my downloads and checked the file time stamp. Cuz I thought I was going completely insane. I could've sworn this thread contained 11.01 and I even thanked Cliff on 9/1 for posting it and fixing the EQ bug.

Now I check the thread and the link in his initial post, says 11.02 at the end of the link. Thought I was finally going over the edge.

Maybe "we" need a fresh thread, so the "news reel" on the forum shows a date of today or late last night when you put 11.02 up?

I was posting on other threads today that I hope the Lonestar block is fixed by 9/15, and without realizing it, you had already fixed it late last night.

I installed the new presets when the 11.1 came out.Should I replace them now with the 11.2 presets ?

I actually went into my downloads and checked the file time stamp. Cuz I thought I was going completely insane. I could've sworn this thread contained 11.01 and I even thanked Cliff on 9/1 for posting it and fixing the EQ bug.

Now I check the thread and the link in his initial post, says 11.02 at the end of the link. Thought I was finally going over the edge.

Maybe "we" need a fresh thread, so the "news reel" on the forum shows a date of today or late last night when you put 11.02 up?

I was posting on other threads today that I hope the Lonestar block is fixed by 9/15, and without realizing it, you had already fixed it late last night.

+1 in thinking I was going insane....
11.02?? with the same releasenotes in OP as FW 11.01
Pls next time make a new thread so we can follow the upgradepath, with proper releasenotes in the OP.

Anyway doublechecked my last download of yesterday and this one, and the FW is upgraded +0.01 to FW 11.02
So.....do I need this update?
I have a good setup now and don't have time to hassle with any problems before my next gig.
Pls. clarify FAS or somebody else?
Only need it now when the TX Star Lead or Jazz120 is used? (which I don't)

I installed the new presets when the 11.1 came out.Should I replace them now with the 11.2 presets ?

Yes the New Firmware has Changes to the Amp Models so you need to Install new 11.02 Presets.

Last edited:
I would say unbelievable how Cliff gets these firmware updates and requests done so fast.
But were talking about Cliff Chase here.
I'm a believer!

+1 in thinking I was going insane....
11.02?? with the same releasenotes in OP as FW 11.01
Pls next time make a new thread so we can follow the upgradepath, with proper releasenotes in the OP.

Anyway doublechecked my last download of yesterday and this one, and the FW is upgraded +0.01 to FW 11.02
So.....do I need this update?
I have a good setup now and don't have time to hassle with any problems before my next gig.
Pls. clarify FAS or somebody else?
Only need it now when the TX Star Lead or Jazz120 is used? (which I don't)

Don't shoot me, but I think the answer is yes. I could be completely wrong, but I thought I read some mumbo jumbo about triode harshness or some setting that was not coming up properly in various models, and that was also addressed. If i am mistaken, it could be that that issue was addressed fully in 11.01, which you already have....

In short - if you have time - always get the latest!!!

If you look at the timestamps in the bank files contained in the ZIP file, they're the same as those in the preset file released with 11.01 (9/1/2013); so I'm guessing if you've already installed the 11.01 presets you should be current. Or am I missing something?

If you look at the timestamps in the bank files contained in the ZIP file, they're the same as those in the preset file released with 11.01 (9/1/2013); so I'm guessing if you've already installed the 11.01 presets you should be current. Or am I missing something?

new update 11.02

release notes

Fixed wrong tone-stack type in Jazz 120 model. Added correct “Jazz 120” tone- stack type to available selections.

new update 11.02

release notes

Fixed wrong tone-stack type in Jazz 120 model. Added correct “Jazz 120” tone- stack type to available selections.

Got that part, but the models are defined in the firmware, not in the presets (AFAIK - which admittedly isn't much :lol)

EDIT: I mean didn't we have numerous 10.x firmware updates - which I'm sure included amp model updates - without new presets being released?

damn
my patches are sounding so good right now with 11.01 I'm actually (for the first time) hesitant to change anything. :0

Got that part, but the models are defined in the firmware, not in the presets (AFAIK - which admittedly isn't much :lol)

EDIT: I mean didn't we have numerous 10.x firmware updates - which I'm sure included amp model updates - without new presets being released?

Re-read the 1st post and what he posted directly above the download link for the v11 presets. Essentially they are unchanged except for the fx loop block issue.

damn
my patches are sounding so good right now with 11.01 I'm actually (for the first time) hesitant to change anything. :0

If you're not interested in the new Lonestar or JC120 model there's no need to update.

Back
Top Bottom