Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already did that. It's now below the COMP knob.

It seems like, you have been busy this weekend. I was wondering why you didn't release on Friday, you figure, if I just take the weekend I can be a coding fool. Your probably like me when I get into a long program session, I think yeah but I could probably add this and now that I think about, if I spend an extra hour I can put this in as well. I love the fact you get to decide when done is done.

Thanks Cliff

So Cliff, about the scene switching again...
And forgive me if this is a dumb question ( I know bugger all about midi)
BUT is it possible to have one CC# to scroll up to the next scene and another CC# to go down to the previous scene?
that way , no matter what midi controller we use , we only need 2 switches to go up and down through the scenes?

Thanks

So Cliff, about the scene switching again...is it possible to have one CC# to scroll up to the next scene and another CC# to go down to the previous scene?
Yes...

What we've done since this beta release is made three CCs to control scenes:
34: Scene Select. CC Value selects scene.
123: Scene Increment. Any value over 64 increments the scene.
124: Scene Decrement. Any value over 64 decrements the scene.

Is there manual pages written for the frameware updates? So we
have detailed writings of all the new features ?
How does this work?
When you buy the ax2 up to what version does the manual cover, where do we get the
Writings of the new frameware/features.

boardwlk17 I believe you get the latest manual? the release notes included in the firmware file have the new stuff described.

You'll find firmware relase notes in the zip file that you download with the new firmware.
The manual will eventually be updated'as well I'm sure. When that happens you can download the newest version as well.
Besides those there's also the Axe II Wiki. This gets updates as developments are released. At the moment the wiki will be most up to date.

This may be a silly question but why are both Boost and Trim needed?

Isn't Trim everything Boost is and more?
Nope. Boost is a fixed 12 dB boost. It's a way of hitting your amp harder, similar to what a Boost switch on a real amp would do. Trim lets you fine-tune that boost to any value you want, as well as cut the gain. Boost can't do those things.

Nope. Boost is a fixed 12 dB boost. It's a way of hitting your amp harder, similar to what a Boost switch on a real amp would do. Trim lets you fine-tune that boost to any value you want, as well as cut the gain. Boost can't do those things.
So the Trim can do everything the boost does... Boost isnt needed

Boost is a convenient way to bump the gain with a single button press while setting up a patch. It simulates the Boost switch found on some amps. Boost and Input Trim add together, in case you want to go nuts. :)

I have EMG pickups on my PRS and they get a little hot. Depending on the preset, I might use the trim to knock it down a bit. I rarely use the boost, but it's good to know it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom