Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gone back & played through your GT-Pro recently?

Please tell me if this is a joke or not, since I have never owned a GT-Pro - I was however able to coax many great sounds out of the lowly GT-8, and even the GT-3.... possibly the best clean tones of any modeller to date - and the point is???

This is fantastic!
Thanks Cliff and all the good people @ FAS.

I have one question:

Added eight “scenes” to each preset. Each scene allows for different combinations of bypass states and X/Y state (if applicable) for the effects. For example, Scene 1 may have everything bypassed while Scene 2 has several effects engaged. Furthermore, Scene 3 may be identical to Scene 2 except that one or more blocks have a different X/Y state. Scenes allow the user to easily switch between various combinations of bypass and X/Y states within a given preset.

What is the difference between "Scenes" select and having 2 (or 3 or more) presets with the same idea (heaving different combinations of bypass states and X/Y state) ?
In other words, I can do the different combination of FX engaged or not with few presets, correct ?
Of course using Scenes will allow "save space" of presets but it's not that there is lack of storage (3 banks with 128 storage space each…).

Maybe I needed to word this question better.
I am not saying that it is a case of the firmware just not suiting my taste or that I don't like it.
I am asking is it possible that while updating some parameter got set to a default or set in a strange way?
Example, could the noise gate have gotten turned up very high.
Like I said in my op 9 felt stiff not tighter but more strident, less sustain.
Has anyone else had this experience or might have any insite?
Thanks for your help
Chris

Ps I may try to reinstall the firmware later today and see what happens.

I went up to 9 and played for an hour or so, lots of patches factory and mine.
Everything felt a bit stiffer.
I switched back to 8.01 and thing felt better.
Any thoughts?
Could it be some global setting thing?
Thanks, Chris

I am not saying that it is a case of the firmware just not suiting my taste or that I don't like it.
I am asking is it possible that while updating some parameter got set to a default or set in a strange way?
Thanks for your help
Chris

You can switch between the poweramp modeling algorithms with out downgrading the software. You can choose from the 7,9, or 9 modeling algorithms in the global menu.

This is fantastic!
Thanks Cliff and all the good people @ FAS.

I have one question:

What is the difference between "Scenes" select and having 2 (or 3 or more) presets with the same idea (heaving different combinations of bypass states and X/Y state) ?
In other words, I can do the different combination of FX engaged or not with few presets, correct ?
Of course using Scenes will allow "save space" of presets but it's not that there is lack of storage (3 banks with 128 storage space each…).

It makes spillover and seamless switching easier (no dropout with effects). You still get a small dropout if you amp x/y but none if you switch between amp 1 and 2.
It also can be used as a poorman's compare

I went up to 9 and played for an hour or so, lots of patches factory and mine.
Everything felt a bit stiffer.
I switched back to 8.01 and thing felt better.
Any thoughts?
Could it be some global setting thing?
Thanks, Chris
as has been said, you don't need to go back. go to the global menu and change it to the poweramp modeling of your choice.

You can switch between the poweramp modeling algorithms with out downgrading the software. You can choose from the 7,9, or 9 modeling algorithms in the global menu.

Thanks for your help, this I understand.
What I am asking is if what I am experiencing has been experienced by others.
It seems everyone just loves V9, I want to know if I am having an issue and if so what can I do about it.
thanks, Chris

Originally Posted by csgband
Thanks for your help
Chris

Fab update!

Apologies if this has already been said, but it appears that all presets that had a 'Y' something (amp, cab, etc.) default to the X. I had quite a lot of 'Y's as my preferred selection so had to edit the presets. Seem to be fine once changed...provided you can remember which blocks should be X and which Y. :razz

Would be great if the final 9 release didn't do this.

when i play FW9 Amps, i get a smile on my face! And when i switch with the MFC Presets higher Bank A (Mapping on) the Axe-Fx smiles also - funny ;)

2012-10-27%2014.53.24.jpg

I finally had time to install beta9 last night and play for an hour. I think it's a noticeable improvement and sounds excellent. Seems everything rings out a little more clearly.
Also love that Brit silver model :)

If an option to be able to change scenes with an assignable CC number was added it would really be great for us with ground control pro controllers (or similar ). Cliff is that a possible option or do we need to update our controllers ?

Scenes are totally awesome just wish I could use them.

Thank you

If an option to be able to change scenes with an assignable CC number was added it would really be great for us with ground control pro controllers (or similar ). Cliff is that a possible option or do we need to update our controllers ?

Scenes are totally awesome just wish I could use them.

Thank you

What we've done since this beta release is made three CCs to control scenes:
34: Scene Select. CC Value selects scene.
123: Scene Increment. Any value over 64 increments the scene.
124: Scene Decrement. Any value over 64 decrements the scene.

So it is possible to step up and down with two IAs through scenes within a certain preset? If so, would it be possible to cycle through .... 1 to 8, after 8 again 1 ... would save an IA switch ... just thinking ...

I still prefer the version 7xx power amp modeling (my high gain tones sound more focused, punchier, and just overall better with it than with 8 or 9), but since there is the option in the Global menu, there's no reason for me to bitch. :)
But didn't you tell us your hearing was shot or "not up to standard" anymore...? ;)

will there be a feature to select a scene individually rather than sequentially?
and...
would scene selection become available via a modifier?
because this could be seriously powerful

Cliff, do you see chances solving the issue with remapping behind Bank A ? Or another solution to select presets beyond Preset 128 by footcontroler with direct access to a scene greater than scene 1 (and, please re-sending IA stats of CCs, which are NOT correspondanding to scenes) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom