Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.04 Released

i can't play along. it's been a while since i read thru the list of amps. there are a few i didn't see before. a few that i can def use.

Nothing removed. There are now modern, vintage and long plate.
Is there any imaginable connection towards preamp tube brands; when I had tube amps (oooops that's a very long time ago now...) I used to prefer JJ's in V1 & V2 for my amps. That would correspond to which type here modern, vintage or long plate. WTH I'd better fly back home and try, but still 3 weeks to go here.
Cheers

Is there any imaginable connection towards preamp tube brands; when I had tube amps (oooops that's a very long time ago now...) I used to prefer JJ's in V1 & V2 for my amps. That would correspond to which type here modern, vintage or long plate. WTH I'd better fly back home and try, but still 3 weeks to go here.
Cheers

JJ's would be in the modern bracket .

You're Improving my tone in every NEW single firmware, It's been a long time since I have felt to accelerate from the actual amps, Many Many Thanks ! :).

Thanks, FAS! As a relative newcomer to the Fractal Club, I'm continually impressed by your speed of response when issues come up. (And that's coming from someone who's been in the software development biz for decades.) :encouragement:
Been here since 2007. It still surprises me.

I am really liking the new pre-amp valve options. Vintage on the Brit Brown, modern on the CA3+, it just seems to narrow it down to the sound I hear in my head really quickly. The feel is awesome in both cases.

Thank you very much CLIFF !!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate these constant
improvements that you and your company provide for us.

It's a journey I'm happy to be a part in :)
even if I'm at grasshopper level ...
:D:encouragement:

Release notes: 18.04

Added “Preamp Tube Type” parameter to Amp block. “Modern” (default) selects a triode characteristic representative of modern production tubes. “Vintage” selects a characteristic typical of tubes produced in the 50's and 60's. “Long Plate” replicates the softer saturation characteristic of so-called “Long Plate” triodes.

Fixed drive network high-pass filter in Amp block not being reset properly when switching between certain models.

Fixed wrong Crunch default value and associated constants in Angle Severe amp models.

Fixed Pedal Compressor types not compensating for compression amount thereby requiring manual level compensation.

Was the Friedman Small Box one of the amps effect by the bolded fix above? Just doing a sanity check. Loved the small box in 18.03, thought it sounded thin and weird in 18.04B, and love it again in 18.04. Started playing and liking the 50W 5153 in the beta, so I just thought my ears got used to the new amp. Or maybe finicky digital tubes that change from day to day is a new feature :eek:

Back
Top Bottom