Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

I upgraded from 15.02, and I REALLY like the differences.

As others have said, the bass is tighter and less muddy on the higher gain stuff, and I like the change it has applied to the clean Fender based models. My go-to clean sound with the Roamer model now sounds more "organic" for lack of a better word, and much more balanced from the low to high strings. Thanks for the great work!

I agree the 5153's are way more usable now, And all the patches i have sound great across all the amps i use MkIIc, Angel Severe, and JMP1

The 5150III was my last "real" amp I owned when I purchased my AxeFXII. It also happens to be my go-to amp model for most of my patches. Looking forward to another update and seeing what's cooked up now. Thanks again !!

Just updated my Recto/Herbert patch to FW16...

tumblr_n5puazrGI11qgp7iko1_400.gif

Also, I saw the comment earlier about not having to resent amps as FW 16.00 now does it. Does this apply even if you are updating from 12.02?

Yes and yes. Both are automated in the FW update process. Enjoy mate.

Does the new automated preset update process only pertain to presets stored within the Axe at the time of the firmware update or will the new firmware update amps accordingly on a per preset import, i.e. importing a single preset via AE that was created on earlier firmware???

OMG you did not? This is what I've been waiting for, so freaking awesome Cliff, thank you for never giving up man, I can't wait to try it out myself, again thank you.

So I had some time today to do some Tone Matches of Version 16 to the real amps. In previous firmwares there was always some error in the bass frequencies. I was shocked to see that the error is now virtually eliminated.

This is the red channel of a 5150 III.

IMG_0671.JPG

So I had some time today to do some Tone Matches of Version 16 to the real amps. In previous firmwares there was always some error in the bass frequencies. I was shocked to see that the error is now virtually eliminated.

Hmmm, UltraRes'ed the Tone Match??? :ugeek

I too find the low end is tighter/more responsive in v16...and easier to dial in...

I Thought so..................

BTW, any info on the "Other Enhancements" mentioned in the OP?????

Also, be very careful...........FW 16 might knock your dick right out of your other hand........

Wow, a very unsubtle improvement in the low end. I was suffering through all sorts of flubbiness with my Les Paul with fw 15... the low end now seems much tighter. I actually went back through all my presets and re-dialed the amp blocks on just about all of them from scratch, finding I didn't need to adjust things nearly as much.

Agreed. Also, speaking of new features and firmware, when is the ADA MP-1 going to be modeled and more drive pedals?

I got tired of waiting and picked up an MP-1 off Craigslist. :D It definitely has a unique vibe, but I'm having challenges integrating it in the Axe, as I am using output 2 to my CLR (which limits what you can do with the FX loop). I'd love a dedicated Axe model.

Back
Top Bottom