Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

Loving the sounds I'm getting with 16. The amp models' character really shines through on my setup.

I love these amp realism releases since amp model improvements always seem to make the effects sound better as well to my ear - (also like the real world I guess: effects sound better on better amps).

You guys really hearing a difference? I'm not really hearing any difference with FW16.

Tonally it seems about the same. What I feel/hear is a much tighter low end and less mushy distortion in general. It feels stiffer, crunchier and more in-your-face than 15.07. It was pretty noticeable for my set up. I also play high gain in drop-A so I'm not sure what other setups would experience.

You guys really hearing a difference? I'm not really hearing any difference with FW16.

I haven't directly a/b 15 and 16 so it could be placebo effect, but to my ears some of my favorite presets immediately had more presence, warmth and playing enjoyment in them. Not a big change, but I like it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks FAS!! Any required changes with the MFC-101 Mark II's? I think I have 3.04 installed currently. Just curious, thanks again cannot wait to try tonight.

I skipped 15. I'll be going from 14.02 to 16.00. Many projects around the house have prevented me from upgrading and releveling/tweaking my presets (usually takes a night or three) Can't wait!

completely separate note... honestly, i'm getting tired of reading "thanks for the new toy, when's the next one?" can we just say thanks and appreciate what we have without asking if this pedal is .01, or that amp, or this feature or that? omg 17?! when is 17!?! no no 18! man... it must really suck to work at Fractal. always too much expectation and demand for new free things...
Agreed. Also, speaking of new features and firmware, when is the ADA MP-1 going to be modeled and more drive pedals? 16.01? What's your vision for FW17, Cliff? What were we talking about?

FAS does it again!
Question: there was something in the beta about not needing to reset the amp blocks... is that still true, or should I do it the 'old' way?

Ok, here is what I was talking about. If I'm way off base on this, someone please let it be known to the internet masses and put my tom foolery to rest. I don't *think* you need to reset the amp blocks with this FW. Nothing in the release notes says one way or another (that I saw). My reasoning is from this thread (excerpt below):

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...public-beta-update-beta1-now-available-2.html

Do we need to reset our amps? I would assume we would since its a major release, but just checking.

Nope. The firmware detects if the preset was built on a previous version and updates automatically.

Back
Top Bottom