Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

well damn. my rehersal just got canned for tonight so looks like i'll be playing with the new FW instead

Improved Amp block cathode follower model. New model includes effects of grid resistance which results in more accurate clipping characteristics.
Improved Amp block virtual power tube model. Improved algorithm more accurately models plate current vs. grid voltage yielding a more accurate transfer function which results in more pleasing power amp distortion and improved feel.
Improved Amp block virtual power tube interaction with virtual output transformer. This yields improved low-frequency accuracy and feel. Furthermore this improves the output waveform accuracy resulting in much improved interaction with the cabinet block. IRs should now sound fuller and more resonant with more “thunk” and “knock”. The Low Res parameter in the Spkr tab can be used to increase or decrease the amount of knock.
Added Power Amp Hardness parameter to Amp block. This parameter controls the hardness of the virtual power tube grid clipping. Models default to “Medium” and any presets created with earlier firmware versions will be set to Medium upon recall.
Changed Layout grid navigation so that wraparound does not occur when using Left/Right nav buttons. Up/Down nav buttons will still wrap around allowing easy access to the beginning/end of the grid. Also, the previously highlighted block will be selected when moving into the grid from the Input or Output blocks using the Left/Right nav buttons.
Fixed attaching modifier to Crossover block XOVER FREQUENCY overwrites parameter value display in other blocks.
Fixed wrong default Presence value for USA Sub Blues amp model.

Jeez - I just got the Beta installed and jammed to Love at Leeds for 45 minutes... Oh well, 615am comes too early. See y'all tomorrow night!

Wow, is it me or was the beta not out very long compared to earlier public betas? Regardless, thanks to all at Fractal for their tireless efforts in supporting their product.

OH no you dont! I am sticking with my beta. I have policy of only one new FW installment per week. My heart just cannot take the the 2 second delay before the green screen comes on normal again after new FW install reboot ;)

Awesome! The funny part for me is that I was going to wait for the full release version so I didn't pull the trigger on installing the beta1 last night. (Though it was so hard to do). anyway I know what i am going to do tonight! thank you cliff.

Thank you Cliff and everyone at FAS. I went ahead and put this on my Axe 2 Mk 2 tonight. Won't get a whole lot of time to play/tweak until later this week, but at least it'll be there waiting when I do get the time.

Wow, is it me or was the beta not out very long compared to earlier public betas? Regardless, thanks to all at Fractal for their tireless efforts in supporting their product.

they were planning on releasing more in the official 16, but decided to just release it as is (and stable) for now since it is an improvement in sound.

completely separate note... honestly, i'm getting tired of reading "thanks for the new toy, when's the next one?" can we just say thanks and appreciate what we have without asking if this pedal is .01, or that amp, or this feature or that? omg 17?! when is 17!?! no no 18! man... it must really suck to work at Fractal. always too much expectation and demand for new free things...

completely separate note... honestly, i'm getting tired of reading "thanks for the new toy, when's the next one?" can we just say thanks and appreciate what we have without asking if this pedal is .01, or that amp, or this feature or that? omg 17?! when is 17!?! no no 18! man... it must really suck to work at Fractal. always too much expectation and demand for new free things...

I think it was meant to be a joke, but I can agree with what you are saying. I am kind of getting tired of the "soon" joke too. It's way overdone. Many of us shouldn't quit our day jobs to become comedians. ;) Myself included.

I installed 16 beta this morning and played for a while and I like what I'm hearing. The best just keeps getting better!!

Thanks Cliff! :)

i'm getting tired of reading "thanks for the new toy, when's the next one?"
+1 but esp. regarding the HM-2...

This release illustrates well that there is/was still stuff "1000 times more important" to further develop first.

P.S. I've never cried for anything. When is it my turn, please...? ;)

Back
Top Bottom