Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

Ok, i'm in. Quick question before i take the dive...
Before running Fractal-Bot do i need to unplug S/PDIF the same way i need to unplug pedal boards and midi?
I have Axe S/PDIF plugged into my PC and is running... :encouragement:

Probably not since no midi data is sent.

So I had some time today to do some Tone Matches of Version 16 to the real amps. In previous firmwares there was always some error in the bass frequencies. I was shocked to see that the error is now virtually eliminated.

This is the red channel of a 5150 III.

IMG_0671.JPG

This just blew my mind! :shock

FW 16 sounds more than ever like real amps. It´s got warm mids, more bass - and less upper mids/Highs, but it´s a little difficult to cut through the bandmix. I have to make my guitar louder. It´s quite different to more "processed" FW 14.

FW 16 sounds more than ever like real amps. It´s got warm mids, more bass - and less upper mids/Highs, but it´s a little difficult to cut through the bandmix. I have to make my guitar louder. It´s quite different to more "processed" FW 14.

Try using the 5 band passive EQ and lowering the two lowest bands and/or raising the three highest bands. Play with it.

I've just gone from 15.07 to 16.01 and I honestly can't hear a difference in my presets. :shock

I had the opposite effect. All my presets went to absolute sh!te... Bassy, boomy...a number of things. But I reset a few amps, started from scratch, and now they sound better than ever. I did find that the *normal* things I've done to tweak are less effective, and other things that I've traditionally ignored are more effective. So it was a change. Also, I found that IR's that I previously didn't like (and vice-versa) I found a good use for.

(But even if it's not Ultra-RES, that Basketweave TV mix still doesn't find it's way out of the lineup...something in there responds to guitar volume and really talks back...love it.)

Oh, I started using that speaker tab in AMP more than ever (thanks Cliff.) It's extremely powerful for shaping tone.

Try using the 5 band passive EQ and lowering the two lowest bands and/or raising the three highest bands. Play with it.

Sometimes I forget the simple things.........

I like the pre EQ before the Amp......wasn´t it Cliff´s thread? PEQ before the VH4 4.Channel with 900 Hz brings more "fat" tone and sustain in my ears.

But was used to Play first with the Default Settings...........they sound really good without a lot of tweaking like in the previous firmwares

16.01 kicks ass
16.00 kicks ass
15.07 kicks ass
15.06 kicks ass
15.00 kicks ass

You get the idea :) Thx yet again FAS for making this the best musical toy investment I'e ever made.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful - and I assure you that I am not - is there an Axe Edit in the works to accompany 16+ ?

Back
Top Bottom