Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

I'm playing it and it totally sounds like he changed it. it doesn't have as much gain as the old. its perfect. unless its my imagination then ill feel stupid.

Then probably not....Cliff said there was going to be 2 separate models of VH4. The blue face with less gain and the Silver face with more gain. Probably next firmware

yeah i don't think he's gonna make two. i think he's did like last time just switched them. the vh4 now has less gain. it actually is in between the old vh4 and the vh3

I must say, my first reaction was is that all there is in FW16, I mean usually a whole number version update is like 1-2 pages in the PDF release notes. I'm thinking there must be more to this because the list seems a little light and reads more like a 15.08 than a 16.

So I updated to 16.01 and wholly shit! I felt like I could crawl into the sound coming out of my speakers and it felt closer to the experience of being in front of a real cab and all I got is 5 inch Mackie studio monitors. Very nice update. Could be the drugs but I'm thinking its the firmware :)

Cliff,
I just upgraded from 15.02 and all I've got to say is WOW!!! The flub on the bottom end is gone and the highs are perfect now. Thanks a bunch for your effort in making the best piece of gear in the world.

I'm gonna guess no change to the VH4... or maybe a change, but it's still blue. Maybe we'll see silver down the line... SOON :p

In any case, yeah, it's sounding awesome.

I admit I really do not comprehend all of the technical design changes in each FW release.
I also will say that I usually do not experience major changes. It has been a great product since FW version 1.
New FW versions are just different. Some good stuff, some different. Some not so good (all IMO).

Whatever Cliff did in 1601 is pretty special.
Cleans ring like a fcking bell.
Mid gains have great character.
Hi gains tighter.

Bass flub is reduced overall, and especially in the Fenders.

All amps have better touch sensitivity. Feels like the real thing.

Great work!!

Liking 16.01, nice improvement in the low end for basses too. I'm still getting a low pop (almost sounds like a kick drum sample at really low volume) though when changing between some patches. I double checked and I'm definitely running 16.01 (on an XL here).

So after I install this firmware there is no need to update amps or presets.. It's install firmware and done?

Ok, i'm in. Quick question before i take the dive...
Before running Fractal-Bot do i need to unplug S/PDIF the same way i need to unplug pedal boards and midi?
I have Axe S/PDIF plugged into my PC and is running... :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom