Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.00 Public Beta (Update: Beta1 Now Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good tip, back up your presets internally every now and then... helps you if you are at a gig and futz up a preset and need to recover. I do it before every gig, so i know they are current.

Can't thank support enough!!!!!!!! They had me do what javajunkie said and it fixed it, brought everything back!!!!!!!!!! I'm backing this up now! I might wait for the official release before I try that again lol.

Glad it all worked out. It sucks to lose your work.

Now join the chorus and pass the word to everyone you meet: "Back up your stuff!!"

Definitely back up your User patches. I find 16 Beta to be a bit pumped in the high end, with the gain a little attenuated from 15.07.
Seems to be oriented towards high gain users. My monster gain patches are more crisp and punchy, but my low gain, vintage style patches don't sound as good.

Yesterday evening I've installed beta1 and I definitely like it - there's only some tweaking to do again for it sounds a little bit harsher to me. On the other hand it feels still more like a real amp :)

BUT: There's an audible noise during the change of presets. I just mention it so that it is perhaps fixed until the official release.

Nope. The firmware detects if the preset was built on a previous version and updates automatically.

So I load up the new FW (I'm currently on 13.x) and basically don’t have to go through all my presets and start messing around with the amp settings?
This is really good, I was avoiding upgrading every FW released, only every few because of that.

So I load up the new FW (I'm currently on 13.x) and basically don’t have to go through all my presets and start messing around with the amp settings?
Sure you do (in all probability).
You just don't have to select another amp and reselect yours again.

roadrunner - i would definitely run "update amps all presets" from the utility menu. you're jumping over a few firmware versions there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom