Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Speaker Drive default 2.0 and Speaker Thump default 2.5 ??

I did a batch save and cannot remember what the previous values were or if I changed them.

That's what I was suspecting... Glad you got past the issue.

What if you restore the preset from a backup?
My last backup was when I was on 20.04. My edits since then have been copying a preset to another slot and making minor changes. That is the case with this one, so unfortunately its a "no backup" preset.

Just an aside, I monitor through another interface. I route SPDIF from the Axe-FX to the Interface...when the Preset causes the Axe-FX OUTPUT 1 to go full red, the Axe-FX no longer outputs, but my other interface's sound does...only its SUPER distorted.

I just had a random crash. Still on Beta 4, but figured I'd report it. Unit had been on for a few hours, then as I was playing, it suddenly lost signal and all the input LED's peaked, all full up. I think it was only ch 1 & 2. A reboot fixed it, but this is the first time in owning the unit for almost 2 years that something like this happened.
Edit: CPU @ 65%. Looks like it was the same as what happened to @sixtystring , but mine rebooted fine.

Last edited:
Did the mix law for the "Warm Stereo" chorus and/or the rotary get any adjustment?

Had to take off a couple dB when the mix on the rotary is at 74% to get to something that sounds about the same volume as the effect bypassed.
Had to take off 9dB (6dB more than the 3dB I was taking off previously) when chorus is mixed at 53% to get to about the same volume as the bypassed effect.

I could attribute a couple dB to "my ears are off tonight", but 6dB jump seems like something changed with the mix....

also, the herbert mk3 sounds worse than mk1 and that’s pretty much general consensus on diezel forum, probably on youtube too. I worry the day when Cliff decides to update it to mk3 model.. or maybe this is what just happened. it sounds kinda like mk3 now :(
Play an other amp... there are so many amps.

Been playing for hours and damned happy ! I never really liked the Herbies much so can't comment however I do have one preset that causes the output lights to max out and all audio stops. The only thing to restore functionality is to reboot. Not a biggie but odd.

The preset at one time started as a @fremen preset but I've morphed it over time. Can I still post it here ?
If it doesn't include my custom IR you can

Thanks for the tip. If I switch to another preset, then reboot. It works. Going back to the original preset re-triggers the issue.

I guess the original preset somehow got corrupted?
I’ve posted exactly the same issue I got with a burgs preset- selecting the scene using the shiva clean amp crashes my unit in the same way. Can you post the preset here?

Must say that the Diezel Herbert is one of the tightest amps out there with magnificent note seperation...
I have a Herbert Head and really have not used it much in the past few years...it is a monster of an amp. Too heavy to sell and ship but looks impressive wih some Marshalls and Soldano's next to it in the basement :cool:. Been using the Axefx for over 10 years and can't picture ever going back. Cliff and FAS have changed the course of guitar amplification forever. Love being on the ride...

FYI

I installed this version (updating from 21 beta 4) using Fractal Bot from Axe-Edit and after rebooting, my Output 1 lights maxed out and all sound stops.

I tried rebooting several times and I would get a few seconds of sound before the lights max out & sound stops.

Same issue after reloading the firmware again.
Probably using the Shiva models. There's a bug in them causes this. Stay away from those models for now.

Here's a clip of Herbie 3 that hopefully illustrates what I'm talking about- gain and eq knobs at noon, everything else at default values. Using one of the stock Diezel 4x12 IRs, the 121 I think. It just seems flubby and fuzzed out in a way it didn't before. I want to say there's more gain than before- I used to run a TS boost into it to tighten things up even more but if I do that now it just becomes unusable. But that might just be my ears telling me something when the hardware is actually doing something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom