Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost don't want to update from the previous beta since I'm having a blast with the IIC+ bright/deep model. Something in this update gets me playing nonstop... an ineffable effect in the attack of notes. Not in the pick attack or initial transient. It's a system wide effect that makes muted chugs and other similar noises pop. The Morgans are doing the same thing. It's a new dynamic effect, like more pronounced than just the speaker thump control.

Mute the strings and strum, like slash's triplets in welcome to the jungle, that sort of embellishment.

inb4 no change to anything that would cause that.

Sounds great! picking and playing dynamics are fantastic, the best yet, not sure if I could tell the difference from my old tube amps. Play light for clarity and dynamics then dig in for natural overdrive. Adjusting gain and output compression in the amp block is pretty much all I need to get things where I like them, and maybe the basic amp tone controls.

I almost don't want to update from the previous beta since I'm having a blast with the IIC+ bright/deep model. Something in this update gets me playing nonstop... an ineffable effect in the attack of notes. Not in the pick attack or initial transient. It's a system wide effect that makes muted chugs and other similar noises pop. The Morgans are doing the same thing. It's a new dynamic effect, like more pronounced than just the speaker thump control.

Mute the strings and strum, like slash's triplets in welcome to the jungle, that sort of embellishment.

inb4 no change to anything that would cause that.
the mojo is still here in this beta. a touch of output compression in the amp block seems to fine tune what you are describing in my brief testing.

1602700712_11532

Thank you, thank you, thank you (aaaahhhaaaaa, only Stern fans will understand this!)

On a god damned Sunday no less, this man never sleeps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom