Axe for Lemur ready for beta testers

As per Scrutinizer's screenshot, those entries pop into Lemur on the iPad for me automatically once Lemur Daemon gets configured.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give it a whirl when I get back home and hopefully be able to report Success.

BTW- Thanks to Scrutinizer and all the other pioneers for your hard work on this project.

You guys think spending $50 for Lemur is worth it for AxeforLemur??? I'd purchase it if it's supporting Scrutnizer but he is not even getting a dime for this, haha. Bless you!

You guys think spending $50 for Lemur is worth it for AxeforLemur??? I'd purchase it if it's supporting Scrutnizer but he is not even getting a dime for this, haha. Bless you!

Scrutinizer's karmic load has been reduced considerably due to his efforts on this project;-) I spent $800 on a footswitch. This $50 seems like amazing value compared to that. If you've ever had the thought, "oh I'd love to explore (fill in the blank) about the Axe," but it's a hassle, here's your solution. As an interface, this is almost as revolutionary as the Axe. Touchscreen control laid out beautifully for an insane amount of pedals. x/y control. Expression control (import expression module back in). IA switches with no limit. And, bottom line, faster access to more parameters of a complete rig than anything that's ever existed.

Sound like $50 worth? Even if Axe Edit gets fixed and becomes stable and reliable in reporting values, etc., it still would be useful mostly as a patch librarian and layout tool. Once a patch has the blocks set up, this thing is so much faster to use you won't believe it (unless you're using all global blocks). Once you start putting your fingers on parameters and tweaking them at warp speed, you'll wonder why you didn't buy it sooner. It's almost worth the $ simply as a great visual guide to what parameters are in each block.

Scrutinizer's karmic load has been reduced considerably due to his efforts on this project;-) I spent $800 on a footswitch. This $50 seems like amazing value compared to that. If you've ever had the thought, "oh I'd love to explore (fill in the blank) about the Axe," but it's a hassle, here's your solution. As an interface, this is almost as revolutionary as the Axe. Touchscreen control laid out beautifully for an insane amount of pedals. x/y control. Expression control (import expression module back in). IA switches with no limit. And, bottom line, faster access to more parameters of a complete rig than anything that's ever existed.

Sound like $50 worth? Even if Axe Edit gets fixed and becomes stable and reliable in reporting values, etc., it still would be useful mostly as a patch librarian and layout tool. Once a patch has the blocks set up, this thing is so much faster to use you won't believe it (unless you're using all global blocks). Once you start putting your fingers on parameters and tweaking them at warp speed, you'll wonder why you didn't buy it sooner. It's almost worth the $ simply as a great visual guide to what parameters are in each block.

I'm sold. Hahah Cheers! So is it easy as drag and drop the jzml file into lemur through itunes or having to connect to lemur through wifi?

PS. It's not buggy, right? (Lemur, not the axeforlemur) The reviews I've been hearing on the app store hasn't been very positive, which made me hesitant.

My only issues with Lemur have to do with the wireless connection (and wired midi being slow and incomplete). There are a bunch of posts in the Lemur threads about the connection process. Follow those and shutdown and restart the Lemur Daemon if the right connections don't show up (Midi In/Out on Mac which is how Axe shows up). Once I had that figured, it's pretty straightforward. Not flawless yet. If it were absolutely rock solid, I'd consider bagging a pedalboard, putting the Ipad on a stand holder and using my fingers instead of feet. One thing I haven't explored much is using the CCK with usb midi after hooking to computer. I know it works, but I haven't tested it much. I'd bring a computer just to bootload the Axe with usb driver, but Macs turn off when the screen is down and I'm not in places where I can safely leave a computer up like that because of space issues. I did find that wired midi via midi interface into CCK was slow and subject to having data transfer cut and parameters missing.

Once I've got wireless hooked up, it's worked great so far and it's fast. I think Scrutinizer said he was getting 25 seconds to load fully, but this AM it was loading in maybe 15 seconds for all parameters. Maybe 4-5 secs for a block individually.

You're going to enjoy the hell out of this. Ironically, it helps move the hassle part of technology and its' million options out of the way and transforms it into exploration. I find that in various areas with the Ipad and this is one more.

PS. It's not buggy, right? (Lemur, not the axeforlemur) The reviews I've been hearing on the app store hasn't been very positive, which made me hesitant.
I redialed my whole show when I went from v5 to v7. Tweaked 37 unique presets at high speed, loads of amp block parameters, reverb, delay, drive blocks, etc. Not a single glitch except a couple times I had to touch the gear in the upper right, click midi out and re-select the "midi to" port again. Because you save from axe-fx front panel after making tweaks, you never lose anything, and there's no syncing problems because you're not syncing...you're loading what you want to edit, making your tweak, then saving on axe-fx front panel. It's the simplicity that makes it work so well.

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded Lemur and fiddled around the AxeForLemur (Don't have the axe with me :( ) but man what a beautiful app! Thanks so much Scrutinizer! I'm also assuming this isn't for a live use but more for sitting down with your axe at home/studio and fiddle around with settings quickly and efficiently. Sweet as, none the less

Tap and hold the block on the bottom list of blocks. The screen shots with tips on page 4 of this thread are awesome instructional tools. I saved them all as photos onto my Ipad so I have the directions right on the Ipad now. Very convenient.

An update is ready, finally. I made lots of changes to reduce the memory usage, it is back down at about 80%, even after adding ExtControl and the new Pitch block controls.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.1.99b5.zip

Pitch block controls...
IMG_0147.PNG

IMG_0138.PNG

IMG_0143.PNG

Enjoy and make some music!

I haven't had a chance to load V8 or your new template, but based on the looks of it, Holy Sh@#$#$!!!!!!! That pitch block looks amazing and the pitch arpeggio screen looks like exactly what the doctor ordered for anyone wanting to replace their Addrenalinn pedal. It appears that once again you have taken the potentially complex and rendered it useful, accessible and intuitive. Thank you so much.

When I've got my Ipad out and somebody's curious about it and I want to blow their mind about what you can do with one, I often show them the template you built and explain to them what it does. If they've got enough brain power to understand, their minds are then completely blown. If not, oh well, you can't reach everyone;-)

I'll very much looking forward to loading this up and exploring it tomorrow.

Wow. You've already incorporated the V8 Firmware?? Very impressive.

Thanks and can't wait to check it out.
Actually, I did not know that v8 was released until I checked the forum again this morning.

I have to study the release notes, but at first glance it looks like I simply need to update the amp block to include the new models.

I haven't had a chance to load V8 or your new template, but based on the looks of it, Holy Sh@#$#$!!!!!!! That pitch block looks amazing and the pitch arpeggio screen looks like exactly what the doctor ordered for anyone wanting to replace their Addrenalinn pedal. It appears that once again you have taken the potentially complex and rendered it useful, accessible and intuitive. Thank you so much.

When I've got my Ipad out and somebody's curious about it and I want to blow their mind about what you can do with one, I often show them the template you built and explain to them what it does. If they've got enough brain power to understand, their minds are then completely blown. If not, oh well, you can't reach everyone;-)

I'll very much looking forward to loading this up and exploring it tomorrow.
Thanks so much for the compliments.

I put a lot of time into the pitch block controls, and I am really happy with the way it turned out.

I took a shot and bought Lemur because I truthfully need this kind of functionality to get my tones from the Axe. I am not an experienced amp/pedal tweaker and need easier access to the controls to play and fine tune while learning the possibilities of each option. This tool makes that easy and fun. Add the looper in the Axe and you can quickly understand what effect you are having.

It turned out to be easy to get working thanks to all the useful comments but especially Cobbler's step instructions for a similar setup to mine and I was tweaking and controlling quickly. Haven't got it to work with the iPad networked directly to my laptop yet but that will come.

Can't thank you enough for what you have done here, I am a software engineer and appreciate good design and follow-through especially from someone with good intentions to help their fellow (wo)man. Wish there was some way I can help but at the least I will give my thanks for a job well done to contribute to my enjoyment of an already amazing product.

Thanks guys for all your help with lemur. Code Poet- your step by step by step did the trick. I wasn't seeing the Midi In-Out on the list until I scrolled down farther. Duh....

Scrutinizer- thanks for all your hard work. The V8 update is great!

Dude...just got this loaded up on my MacBook Pro and IPAD 1. Awesome work! It makes child's play for experimenting w/patch changes. It makes finding and experimenting w/deep editing params simple. Thanks for the hard work... Hopefully Fractal recognizes who cool this is and will support your work.

Scrutinizer

I continue to be extremely impressed with this thing. Really makes things easier. A quick question (or actually a few)

- When I change amp types, I assume i need to "re get" all the parameters? It doesn't seem like it loads them automatically.
- I assume if I change something on the Axe, the same is true (ie the communication is one way from lemur to axe)
- In the user cabs, I also assume it doesn't pull any names (other than user 1,2,3 etc)

These are more questions than issues so please don't take them any other way. It is easily becoming the most common way I use to try things out.

Awesome work my friend!!

MM

Back
Top Bottom