Axe for Lemur ready for beta testers

Near as I can tell I've experienced a degradation in Lemur performance since going to 3.06.

3.05 was working with zero issues with axefx driver 167 and FW 11b. I redialed my entire show and a dialed a friends afx rig. This was on two macs running 167 and FW 11b. And two iPad 3s running lemur 4.1 and editor 3.05. One mac has 10.7.x and I'm on 10.8.x

Since moving to 3.06, iPad 2way midi started degrading, first on my friends iPad because we were using it primarily. So we switched to mine which was working with 3.06 driver 167 on his system. After a couple sessions (dialing, then launching & dialing another day) it was working as poorly as his.

After working with my iPad extensively on both Macs, it's no receiving no midi despite re-launching, re-connecting and despite lemur daemon and USB audio seeing the axe-fx on both mac system USB...audio is fine.

I went back to earlier axe-fx driver 150 and back to a 2011 axefx driver, and also went back to lemur editor 3.05, all the while rebooting axe-fx, rebooting computer, relaunching lemur daemon. Everything is working except Lemur editor does not receive data from axe-fx: manual with "get all" or with press/hold on any block, nor with autosync.

Since it doesn't seem to be related to axe-fx driver or daemon or version of Mac OS since those all work, it might be a Lemur corruption of some sort. I'll reinstall Lemur iPad app and reload templates 3.05 and 3.06 and go from there.

That Worked for me!!

- re-installed the editor on Mac (I was not using the most recent one).
- deleted and re-installed Lemur on IPad3
- re-installed the latest template.
- re-started daemon
- set targets in lemur

Everything is looking good except I don't see any labels on the blocks in the layout section (I might be missing some info on this).

Thanks Solo-act , Scrutinizer

- re-installed the editor on Mac (I was not using the most recent one).
- deleted and re-installed Lemur on IPad3
- re-installed the latest template.
- re-started daemon
- set targets in lemur

Everything is looking good except I don't see any labels on the blocks in the layout section (I might be missing some info on this).

PROBLEM SOLVED!! Sprint - your first step was all I needed.

Looks like a big version incompatibility between desktop editor 3.xx and iPad app 4.xx. Didn't even pay attention to this, but it was obviously source of the sync and communication issues.

Might be good info to add to Scrutinizer update announcements: Make sure Lemur iPad and desktop apps are up to date or at least on same major version number!!

Very relieved to have Lemur editor back - I'm very addicted to this tool!

is anyone still using this? what a great thing, but i am having issues with communication too.
You'll need iPad lemur V4 and desktop lemur V4. I pulled V4 from backups I had and installed them. I'm using axe-edit to choose amp cab, but once I have those I go to lemur to dial tones. Pushing a mouse is too slow for me, and axe-edit hides parameters in tabs…the lemur editor does far less of that.

Back
Top Bottom