Axe-Edit 3.0 Sent to Final Testers

Sadly... I am still checking this thread...

Just finished installing FW 10.12 now and updated my MFC to 2.18.
I didn't do an update for almost a year now only because i think the frontpanel is not easy / quick enough and didn't want to screw things up before a gig.

I found out that this version of Axe Edit works for 1 song at a time and does it pretty nice.
For every other preset i start up my AE again. ( maybe you supposed to do that, i didn't want to spend my holidays just reading about it )

I hope that the new version turns out well anytime now, so everyone can stop reading and start getting busy :)

Man I can't believe you would sell the Axe because of software. Every time I jam through my Axe Fx its like Alive & Loving it. I am a computer person also but jamming comes first with me. What would you replace it with if you had an amp you would still be without a computer interface. Don't take this the wrong way just trying to understand if you would really get rid of the Axe Fx without software.

My only question about AE3 is... will it save presets to HDD, or only directly to the Axe?

With 1.9, I've not been able to save to HDD at all, and I don't want to overwrite presets that are already in the Axe.

Hey guys,

I thought I give quick note. The beta testing is going extremely well. Everyone is working hard and the developers are on the ball fixing any issues as quick as we find them. I have not used axe-edit for production in a very long time. I will be using this. I am finally confident that we will have a stable, reliable editor. Yes!

Hey guys, I thought I give quick note. The beta testing is going extremely well. Everyone is working hard and the developers are on the ball fixing any issues as quick as we find them. I have not used axe-edit for production in a very long time. I will be using this. I am finally confident that we will have a stable, reliable editor. Yes!

Post a copy of AE3 or it did not happen... :mrgreen

Hey guys,

I thought I give quick note. The beta testing is going extremely well. Everyone is working hard and the developers are on the ball fixing any issues as quick as we find them. I have not used axe-edit for production in a very long time. I will be using this. I am finally confident that we will have a stable, reliable editor. Yes!

It's awesome that the testers are reliably giving this kind of feedback. Between the promise of a faster and more stable editor and the great feedback I've seen for FW11b, I am totally stoked for these releases. Hopefully my guitar will be out of the shop with its upgrades in conjunction with this release. My girlfriend won't see me for a month!

My only question about AE3 is... will it save presets to HDD, or only directly to the Axe?

With 1.9, I've not been able to save to HDD at all, and I don't want to overwrite presets that are already in the Axe.

As Matt stated in this thread the initial version of AE3 will launch without AxeManage. However, you can use the Fractal Bot Receive tab today to save banks, individual presets, the edit buffer and cabs to HDD or the Send tab to store them to the Axe from your HDD.

Last edited:
As Matt stated in this thread the initial version of AE3 will launch without AxeManage.
True, but that doesn't address the question of whether Axe-Edit will be able to write to HDD. Even the old Axe-Edit could do that without Axe-Manage.

Rex, Womac, others:

Yes, Axe-Edit 3.0 will most definitely have the ability to "export" presets -- save them to the computer, as well as to "import" them from a .syx file.

Michael hasn't added these file operations to the version we're testing yet, but the menu hooks are all there, and the code is as simple as the GET/SEND operations performed by Fractal-Bot.

Yes"]M@;898102]Yes[/EMAIL], Axe-Edit 3.0 will most definitely have the ability to "export" presets -- save them to the computer, as well as to "import" them from a .syx file.
Thanks for the update, Matt.

Will AE3 have the ability to extract presets from a bank file? With FW 11beta, I can't do that through current software, so I can't load the the recent three-bank .syx factory preset file without wiping out all my presets.

Clippy?

I was looking at the new Axe-Edit 3.0 screens and Clippy keeps popping up! How do I get rid of him!!!

axeedit_screen_clippy_zps7524d436.gif

Maybe my machine is infected or something.

Back
Top Bottom