Axe-Edit 3.0 Sent to Final Testers

A HUGE thanks to the Fractal Team and testers for all of your hard work! You guys all rock and are much appreciated.

Looking forward to this release. Editing from the front panel is fine, but Axe-Edit is much less tedious to work with, particularly in advanced settings.

Yek, thanks for the update.

I suspect many people don't realize that the beta of AE 3.0 that is currently under Beta Group testing is most likely not a single version, but one that has minor updates/patches being made and updated to the "Beta Group Team".
It's not as if the team has a single version that they are enjoying, (and teasing us), but much more likely they are receiving a new updated build every couple of days.
They are probably being asked to test certain functionality (Document), test "squashed" bugs (Document), and update any new findings( Fully Document!! ).
It's typically lots of work for the team and we all get to enjoy the fruits of their and the coders labor.

Thank You FAC and Beta Group Team!

Exactly!

i got back from vacation a few days ago.
A lot of anticipation had already built up, caused by the heavy mail traffic between beta testers. ;-)
I installed the latest build of AE 3.0 beta. And the accompanying latest v11 beta firmware.

AE 3.0 looks sleek and is very stable. It *feels* solid too, during editing. An experience I never had with previous AE versions. I didn't trust AE before. Now I do. TNP guarantees that all editing conforms to the hardware; software and hardware are no longer two separate entities.

In the beta process reported bugs are fixed immediately. Impressive! And it's no longer patchwork. I'm so happy that AE has been built up from the ground.

It's not entirely done yet. Axe-Manage will follow. And hopefully the announced IR mixing utility.

Speaking of v11, the current beta builds improve even further on the public beta. Refinements in amp models are very easily noticeable.

The Axe-Fx II v11, AE 3.0, Fractal-Bot ... Coming to you real soon!

Very cool about the IR utility. Axe-O-Matic doesn't work with firmware 11b - after uploading an IR to the AFII, the patch volume jumps & sounds like you're playing in a barrel. I was almost considering buying IR-Lab until now.

Congrats to the developers and beta testers for all their hard work. :encouragement:

Very cool about the IR utility. Axe-O-Matic doesn't work with firmware 11b - after uploading an IR to the AFII, the patch volume jumps & sounds like you're playing in a barrel. I was almost considering buying IR-Lab until now.

Congrats to the developers and beta testers for all their hard work. :encouragement:
Did you try to mix the Fractal IRs with it ? Or Ownhammer's ? The IR format changed since 10.x, and IRs from Fractal or captured by your Axe under 10.x can't be mixed using Axe-O-Matic. You can still use it to send the IRs but Fractal Bot is better for that

i really hope that Axe FX now working finally on Mac without problems...
Since May i can only use the half of my Axe :-(

IF YOU CAN'T GET THE MAC VERSION TO WORK THAN CHANGE IT ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT ONLY WINDOWS IS SUPPORTED

I bought the Axe because Mac is supported... but it doesn't work until now since May .... can not understand why the Axe the only Device in the Macworld that doesn't work...

So dear Beta Testers do a good job to find out if it works on Mac OS X or not! ( I know what Beta Testers are doing... i'm a Software Developer and Beta tester for well known App's)

What i don't understand is: Why is the USB Driver so bad on Mac... The Axe is the only Devices that makes problems... maybe it's because the USB Chipset in the Axe is not good... This explains why Windows has also some Problems... I'm curious what Ventor it produces and if other Devices in the World uses THIS USB Chipset!

Kudos to the Dev's & Beta testers !!!

looks like the Problem is solved: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-9b-axe-usb-driver-167-work-without-prob.html

Last edited:
Cool your jets there chachi,

we all understand your frustration (especially the beta testers), but you'll catch more flies with honey than angry red caps lock.

Thanks again for all your hard work testers, I'm looking forward to the fruits of your labour.

Did you try to mix the Fractal IRs with it ? Or Ownhammer's ? The IR format changed since 10.x, and IRs from Fractal or captured by your Axe under 10.x can't be mixed using Axe-O-Matic. You can still use it to send the IRs but Fractal Bot is better for that

I'm using Fractal Bot exclusively for sending IRs now. Tried mixing IRs and just sending individual ones from both FAS and OH with AOM - neither way works for me anymore. Not a big deal really. Lots of options at this point with just individual IRs. The new utility will just be icing on the cake after the editor is released.

Back
Top Bottom