AX8 Wishes

Thanks, Joe! Great to get immediate feedback like that.

Another wish: Others haven mentioned the magic 8-ball for the tuner (+1 from me too). But if that can't happen, or even if it can, could the flashing light above the F1/2/3 switch flash in sync with the 8-ball's revolution? In other words, the closer you get to being in tune, the slower the light flashes. When it's in tune, it stops flashing and stays lit.

A couple of wishes other than those already mentioned:

1) I'd love to have a way to boost the master volume level of the unit globally with a footswitch rather than having to insert a block or a scene into every preset to do this

2) I wish long-pressing the 1-8 footswitches could be set to do other things rather than just X/Y switching

Wish:

1. USB audio interface function (It's the #1 wish)
2. Seperate headphone (1/4" TRS) output
3. expression pedal (Like a Line6 products. Am I so greedy? ^^)
4. MIC interface (Like a Line6 products. Am I so greedy? ^^)

Those are wishes for another product - all of those require hardware changes.

Those are wishes for another product - all of those require hardware changes.

I love the fact that there is NO expression pedal on this. It's too big and heavy as it is. An expression pedal will make it a monster like the Helix. I don't always NEED an expression pedal and when I do, I have a really small light one.

I love the fact that there is NO expression pedal on this. It's too big and heavy as it is. An expression pedal will make it a monster like the Helix. I don't always NEED an expression pedal and when I do, I have a really small light one.
What would be the first thing that broke on a device like this. It would be the thing that goes up and down all the time, the expression pedal. I agree with you 100%, if you want an expression pedal, buy a really good one.

I have had my Ax8 for a few months now, and I have to tell you the more I use this thing the more I love it. It does everything I need. I was going to buy an H9 for when the Cpu gets maxed, but honestly we know a lot more then we did when I first got it, I can get most cpu hungry presets down now that I know what to change. So I'm holding off for now. Sticking all my money next week on a shure PSM 900, because the second church that I started playing two weeks ago has me tethered to a chord for my in ears. Crazy... Anybody know where I can get a good deal on just the receiver and transmitter, I already have in ears?

Wish: The option for scene switches to always reset the scene to its original state.
Example:
1) Press Scene 3 switch (Scene 3 has chorus and reverb blocks engaged)
2) Bypass chorus and reverb blocks
3) Press Scene 3 again and the chorus and reverb blocks are engaged again.

Currently, when you perform step 3, the chorus and reverb blocks remain bypassed. It would be nice to have the option of scene switch presses always producing the same result, that is, loading the scene in it's original state.

Yes, this. Thank you @Joe Rogers and @TFC .

I switch things on and off sometimes with X/Y, but pressing the Scene 1/2/3 w/e again or a second time would be awesome to clear everything engaged and go right back to what I originally had enabled in that state.

@Joe Rogers could you make it as a "long hold" feature if we define S1 S2 S3 on the footswitches? Like instead of just tapping it to go back to full original it would behave the same as today, but a HOLD for S1/S2/S3 would revert it to original state? Just a thought, hope that's not too confusing...

Reactions: TFC
After using for a couple of weeks.

Absolutely needs the preset name bigger on the screen. Make the scene and blocks smaller. If you don't know what preset you are on (it's barely readable when stood up), it makes little difference what the blocks are showing.

Presets displayed when scrolling through banks/presets.

Proper scene revert.

Scene blocks can be named. Useful as they can now be very different for every preset.

The first and second are an absolute must for live use.

Besides this, it's an amazing little unit. I have played more with this than I ever did with my AxeFX when I first got it. Still not even used the editor yet, just been tweaking on the unit and having fun. Sweeeeet :)

Agree completely with Vinny. Scene naming (even three letter names) would be great.

I have played more guitar in the last few weeks than any other time the few years. I find myself using the editor very much, I have not really teeaked on the unit yet. I can make small tweaks and changes, but I do not think I am able to build a preset from scratch on the unit.

Agree completely with Vinny. Scene naming (even three letter names) would be great.

I have played more guitar in the last few weeks than any other time the few years. I find myself using the editor very much, I have not really teeaked on the unit yet. I can make small tweaks and changes, but I do not think I am able to build a preset from scratch on the unit.
Yes, its a wonderful little unit. Unbelievable what it can do really. I know it's not as powerful as my Axefx but I knew that when I ordered it. Very very happy with it.

I don't know if this one is even possible, but i would love either:

- a VU meter on ax8 edit! When I'm working on a patch it is easier to do it on the computer. And every time I go to ax8-edit the VU goes. I usually just press shift,setup, enter and I'm back in it, but still a little bit of a hassle.

- A VU meter shortcut on the ax8!

Funny story:

When I was starting to work on my preset volumes and discovered the VU meter on the Ax8, I was puzzled at first as I would wonder why the ax8 would tell me that my amp setting was fine when I'm clearly clipping.... Then I realized it wasn't the ax8 opinion but instructions...

image.jpeg

I thought it was saying:

Amp Level: -12.0 db (A FINE LEVEL)

It took me a little to realize that the knob "A" was to change the level of that amp, or FINE tune it. LOL!

I thought it was saying:

Amp Level: -12.0 db (A FINE LEVEL)

It took me a little to realize that the knob "A" was to change the level of that amp, or FINE tune it. LOL!
:D LOL! Thank you. You made my day.

Yeah - I'd add my vote for a Global volume boost from one pedal/switch - I've done a workaround using and adjustable switch and changing the control "CTRL' of master volume from 11 to "pedal 4" ......but I'd love a one switch solution with selectable boost level?

Also agree on the option for a larger display readout during preset change - even if it just flashed up for say 3 seconds or something?

Many have requested a larger current preset name and the ability to see all 8 presets in a bank when in preset select mode but there's been no response from FAS as to whether these might come in a future update. They're pretty important to me in deciding whether to keep the AX8 so---can someone from Fractal comment? Thanks.

The one thing I'd like , is to have the first -PAGE> To show 2 big blocks. [AMP] [CAB]

...then LAYOUT , MOVE , CFG.

I have to say I HATE having to go thru a bunch of steps to get to the most important information. I will make presets , often by first copying a favorite , then changing the amp. Then I won't remember which amp is where , and since the amp isn't displayed without searching for it , the first ( PAGE > ) would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom