AX8 Wishes

Many have requested a larger current preset name and the ability to see all 8 presets in a bank when in preset select mode but there's been no response from FAS as to whether these might come in a future update. They're pretty important to me in deciding whether to keep the AX8 so---can someone from Fractal comment? Thanks.

There is a firmware update coming very soon. I'd wait a few days to see what the update brings.

Beside a few nice points given above, for me, the biggest annoying thing is the FX block darkening and shadowing. In my humble opinion, it lacks a little bit of logic. If I disengage a block, I really dont need it to be darkened or marked in any way. All I need to know is which block is engaged and that to be put in the light. I know we have light at the switchies but sometimes the dispaly for fx blocks gets relly confusing, specially using it live, when there is not much time to think

Wish (I don't know how it could be difficult):
1- Midi CC assignable via footswitches
2- A sort of setlist/songlist assignable via F1/F2/F3 (when we have 1 preset = 1 song and the first preset is on n°12 and the second preset is on n° 54)

Beside a few nice points given above, for me, the biggest annoying thing is the FX block darkening and shadowing. In my humble opinion, it lacks a little bit of logic. If I disengage a block, I really dont need it to be darkened or marked in any way. All I need to know is which block is engaged and that to be put in the light. I know we have light at the switchies but sometimes the dispaly for fx blocks gets relly confusing, specially using it live, when there is not much time to think

I agree 100%. This was one of my first requests. I think FAS is making a change to this because Matt did comment on it in a thread somewhere.

This is an incorrect sentence from the Owner´s Manual, but I think, this would be great.
On page 23:
SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE
Switches between Scene 1 and Scene 2.
The F-switch LED is off for Scene 1 and on for Scene 2. (this is incorrect, F-switch LED doesn´t light).

If you assign Delay bypass to an external switch, can you assign hold external fooswitch for XY?
If not, i would like to ask for this feature!

Since the scene 1/2 toggle function is so popular, how about a scene 3/4 toggle? I could get to any of four scenes using only 2 buttons? Just a thought.
Personally I would love a scene 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, 4/8 option also. I like to set the lower buttons from clean to rocking and the upper row (5-8) the same as the lower, just with more effects running. Makes it very easy to find things when every preset is setup the same way.

Personally I would love a scene 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, 4/8 option also. I like to set the lower buttons from clean to rocking and the upper row (5-8) the same as the lower, just with more effects running. Makes it very easy to find things when every preset is setup the same way.
Actually I would prefer this to be implemented like XY, tap for scene 1, hold for scene 5, etc. That way with four buttons I could access all 8 scenes as needed.

Really? I'm just delving into my new AX8, but it seems helpful to know which blocks are active at a glance. No?

Really? I'm just delving into my new AX8, but it seems helpful to know which blocks are active at a glance. No?
I think what they are talking about is not the fact that they are highlighted, it's the way that they are highlighted. It appears that they are hard to see the current way. Can someone with an AX8 confirm?

I think what they are talking about is not the fact that they are highlighted, it's the way that they are highlighted. It appears that they are hard to see the current way. Can someone with an AX8 confirm?
They are highlighted black when selected which is very confusing. A dark outline or something lower key would be more useful in my opinion.

They are highlighted black when selected which is very confusing. A dark outline or something lower key would be more useful in my opinion.

Only the active block is highlighted black. The black highlight has nothing to do with on/off status. The border is either solid or dashed to indicate on/off status.

This is an incorrect sentence from the Owner´s Manual, but I think, this would be great.
On page 23:
SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE
Switches between Scene 1 and Scene 2.
The F-switch LED is off for Scene 1 and on for Scene 2. (this is incorrect, F-switch LED doesn´t light).
In the mean time, you have big RED S1 and S2 LED's that always tell you what SCENE your on.

i've been working with my ax8 quite a bit today and I'm loving it. As some have mentioned, the highlighted block for "edit" can be a bit confusing. I have a suggestion: highlight the blocks that are active and the border of the current edit block could blink. So for example, if you're editing chorus it's dotted border would blink. If drive and delay are ON, they would be highlighted (or darkened). i also agree with a few about the home screen blocks. would be nice if the 8 blocks were a bit shorter so the program title could be a bit larger. overall a great job FAS, awesome piece of hardware/firmware!

Back
Top Bottom