AX8 Wishes

I'd like to be able to assign a CC# to one of the F switches - basically use it as an Extern. The bonus feature would be to allow it to be used to toggle an effect/on off directly. IOW, I'd like to add the F switches to my pool of available on/off switches.

I'd like to be able to assign a CC# to one of the F switches - basically use it as an Extern. The bonus feature would be to allow it to be used to toggle an effect/on off directly. IOW, I'd like to add the F switches to my pool of available on/off switches.

These are two different requests and I support both of them. F Switches as modifier sources - yes please. F Switches as CC# transmitters (to control external MIDI devices) - yes please.

Probably couldn't do both at the same time, as CC# would be sent out the MIDI port, and you'd have to loop the MIDI back to use it as an Extern.

Reactions: TFC
Load that block in to a non important preset. Right click the XY switch for that block and copy the one you want. Go to the important preset and right click the XY in that block and paste it where you want, X or Y.
There is actually a much quicker workaround (but it is still a workaround)

Say you are on the x-state, right click the X/Y buttons, choose "Copy X to clipboard", load the block from the library, paste the clipboard onto the state of the loaded block that you do not want to use.

I would like the option to have BPM display full screen for a set period of time when setting tempo.
And it appears I have my wish. I am not sure if I just missed this before Q2.2 but there is BPM read out with some other metronome controls etc... while tapping the F3 switch. I just wish the numbers where bigger.

To add to the post above, a tone match block can be exported as an IR with the AxeII. That IR can be loaded in the AX8. So, the process does require an AxeFX II and does use the Cab block in the AX8 for the IR.

To add to the post above, a tone match block can be exported as an IR with the AxeII. That IR can be loaded in the AX8. So, the process does require an AxeFX II and does use the Cab block in the AX8 for the IR.

Yeah, I would like to be able to load it in an eq type slot to save the Cab for IRs.

Reading Yek's Amp posts I was thinking that it would be cool to view the amps in Axe edit as a picture with the corresponding knobs in a main tab.
So as if you're sitting behind the amp and really dial the knobs.
Wouldn't do anything on the sound, but for the real feel it is nice.
Then the other parameters are accessible via other tabs.

I would love having longer preset names. I moved from an XL to the AX8 and I play at church. What I was doing on my XL was creating a preset for each song we did. Whenever we did a new one I'd create a preset for it and name it the name of the song and the month and year I made the preset (ex: Holy Spirit 022016). This made it really easy to determine which patches I probably needed to redo and which ones had my most current tastes. It also gave me great options for starting templates whenever we would add a new song. Global blocks would probably help the most, but without them this would certainly help keep things consistent and organized. As it is now, most of the presets I've created don't have enough room for the full song title let alone the title and date. Am I only imagining the name field being longer on the Axe?

I'm sure it's been mentioned but a simple name bank feature. It seems odd that wasn't included, because there is no way of remember what banks are assigned to what presets by numbers.

The above two requests are related to my previous request.. A text field for writing notes that gets saved with the preset. All kinds of stuff that I forget. Specialty scenes, exp pedal functions, etc.

A Petrucci Rhythm patch that actually sounds like Petrucci. There are some killer tones in the AX8 though.

You learn when you work on a computer all day... Save save save! I save after I accomplish even small tasks. Sorry you lost your patch, very frustrating!

Nailed it - what he said. I've too work in IT and learned a looooooong time ago - save, save, save! All the way through.

These are two different requests and I support both of them. F Switches as modifier sources - yes please. F Switches as CC# transmitters (to control external MIDI devices) - yes please.

Probably couldn't do both at the same time, as CC# would be sent out the MIDI port, and you'd have to loop the MIDI back to use it as an Extern.

Genarally MIDI block (not one but 2... 3...) from FX8 :)

There's a lot of requests on this thread for an updated view. Here's what I suggest:

ax8_views_zps2fedugdn.png

This is just different views and would require any change in functionality. Also, I realised after creating the Suggested Preset Select View that it doesn't highlight the current preset, which would be good. This could be done by investing just the current preset.

Performance View
Ideally, I would also like something like a "Performance View" that removed the top row of tabs to make more room and less clutter (who needs to look down when they are playing live and see a MIDI tab?). Something like this (this is the same size as above but doesn't it look bigger):

ax8_views2_zpsf4ntcpzm.png

In the Performance View, everything should be super visible:
  • All enabled blocks should be inverted black (like the DRV and REV).
  • All disabled blocks should be greyed out (like the ENH).
  • If a block doesn't exist, blank it out completely (like button 6). In performance view, there's no need to see a block that you can't hit anyway.
Performance view should be reached from leaving the current "Edit view" by hitting Exit (one more time). From Performance View you can get back into Edit view by hitting the Edit button.

What do you think? Good suggestions?

Would be perfect for me. I don't care if the tabs at the top stay - I like that it tells you what bank/preset/scene you're on. Other than that, this is how I'd want to see it too.

Looks great Johan ! I would add a second Performance view option without blocks info but with a subtitle for the scene enabled.

Back
Top Bottom