Grid "Feedback send"

Will you add? I know that Ax8 has fewer instances of blocks, and there is also a CPU limitation, so it is unlikely that anybody will ever need more than 12 blocks in a row. But if someone needed it, and had the CPU to spare, it would be a weird limitation to run into.

I don't see why it is needed.

I'm sure there aren't many possible combinations of 12 blocks in a row that leave CPU room to add more blocks. The AX8 CPUs can handle an amp, cab and about 8 to 10 effect blocks per preset (less if reverb, multidelay, and UltraRes are used).

Put your reverb and delays in parallel and you gain a few columns if you need them.

I don't see why it is needed.

I'm sure there aren't many possible combinations of 12 blocks in a row that leave CPU room to add more blocks. The AX8 CPUs can handle an amp, cab and about 8 to 10 effect blocks per preset (less if reverb, multidelay, and UltraRes are used).

Put your reverb and delays in parallel and you gain a few columns if you need them.

Well, just because you don't personally see why it is needed does not mean it isn't needed by someone else. I probably don't need it either but that's not the point :)

I used to use multiple PEQ and multiple Filter blocks before the amp as a gain staging type thing. You definitely have to get creative with the AX8 in terms aspect of only being able to use 12 blocks in a row. It would be nice to have those blocks, but I can work around it. I completely understand the point of the request though.

these requests are completely understandable, and i do have the same wishes many times. but at some point, we need to stop trying to make the AX8 into an Axe-Fx II.

i'd say keep asking and wish-listing for sure :) but expect these differences between the units. at the same time though, the AX8 has only been out for a few months now, the Axe-Fx II for years. i'm sure optimizations and features are planned, but with such a young product, it will take some time.

Well, just because you don't personally see why it is needed does not mean it isn't needed by someone else. I probably don't need it either but that's not the point :)

If there was CPU to spare I would be in the "add Send/Return blocks" camp, as well as the two instances of reverb, MultiDelay and compression camp.

these requests are completely understandable, and i do have the same wishes many times. but at some point, we need to stop trying to make the AX8 into an Axe-Fx II.

i'd say keep asking and wish-listing for sure :) but expect these differences between the units. at the same time though, the AX8 has only been out for a few months now, the Axe-Fx II for years. i'm sure optimizations and features are planned, but with such a young product, it will take some time.
Hey Chris, I agree that we see (too?) many posts these days along the lines of "How do I make my Ax8 behave like my AxeFX?" And I think this is the wrong approach. The Ax8 has near-endless possibilities, but it takes a different mindset than AxeFX to get the most out of it, I think.

Obviously ;), I do not think this request is one of those. I only played an AxeFX for than two hours in my entire life. I just want the freedom to utilize the 4x12 grid as I see fit. I have never run into this limitation, but as I am mostly a serial kind of guy, it has been so close that the grid started to feel cramped:)

I will add it to the wish list.

Definitely looking forward to this journey.

Back
Top Bottom