AX8 Wishes

One more... In the amp block when you double click to reset a parameter value, it would be much more helpful if it reset to cliffs ideal value like when you reset the entire block. Instead it resets to noon which is not helpful at all. Especially if your memory is iffy like mine.

Along the same note , I believe , I'd like to see the original setting - either highlighted , or an asterisks beside the original value of a preset setting , after it has been tweaked at all. Maybe an asterisks - when you roll by the original value.

Wish:

When you hit F1 I would like to see the names of all 8 presets in the current bank. When you go up, or down, I would like to see the name of the 8 presets in each bank as you scroll.
+1000 But really whenever you hit bank up or down the preset names should show, even if you don't have it setup to have to hit F1 to get into preset mode.

More AX8 Wishes:
  1. AX8 Wishlist subforum; this thread is getting unwieldy.
  2. AMP/CAB X/Y Toggle Footswitch Block - toggles both the amp and cab together between their X and Y states. Useful for dual amp presets, like switching from a Fender clean to a Marshall crunch. Where AMP X/Y Toggle is like a channel switch, AMP/CAB X/Y Toggle would be like a rig's A/B switch. Currently scenes have to be utilized for this to be effective.
  3. Knob Controller Mode - when selected in a global menu, the 8 top panel rotary encoders would no longer adjust amp parameters while on the main Footswitch control page. Instead, they become available as modifier sources (with LED feedback?). Page to the Layout view or open the edit view on any block (or disable the Knob Controller Mode option) for the amp controls to return to default.
  4. Internal Footswitches as Modifier Sources - selectable on the modifier source menu as Switch 1 and Switch 2, and available as a couple instances of an Internal Controller Footswitch block.

More AX8 Wishes:
  1. AX8 Wishlist subforum; this thread is getting unwieldy.
  2. AMP/CAB X/Y Toggle Footswitch Block - toggles both the amp and cab together between their X and Y states. Useful for dual amp presets, like switching from a Fender clean to a Marshall crunch. Where AMP X/Y Toggle is like a channel switch, AMP/CAB X/Y Toggle would be like a rig's A/B switch. Currently scenes have to be utilized for this to be effective.
  3. Knob Controller Mode - when selected in a global menu, the 8 top panel rotary encoders would no longer adjust amp parameters while on the main Footswitch control page. Instead, they become available as modifier sources (with LED feedback?). Page to the Layout view or open the edit view on any block (or disable the Knob Controller Mode option) for the amp controls to return to default.
  4. Internal Footswitches as Modifier Sources - selectable on the modifier source menu as Switch 1 and Switch 2, and available as a couple instances of an Internal Controller Footswitch block.
All good ideas, but we really need #1 because good ideas are getting lost in this thread.

I would love to have a page to type notes on for each preset. When you come back after a couple months it's hard to remember what scenes are what, and what the exp pedals do.

1. Output Mixer block should be controlled by all encoders, E/Nav should work only for switching between level/balance/main not for scrolling between 9 parameters changed via A...
2. Reverb (maybe more blocks) should show only parameters (in Adv) connected with chosen model not all.
3. I would like to have i AX8-Edit sample factory Blocks Library. I like this in H9 or in Pro Tools plug-ins.

Let us revive this thread to see if anything new has popped up

So we still have global blocks, scene reload and preset list/overview on the top of the list

I would like to see
Moke's suggestion of amp A/B in addition to the current X/Y
Update to Quantum 2.0
If no global blocks in Ax8 then the option to copy block settings quickly to a number of other presets (easiest to implement in Ax8edit)
Polytune style tuner (big for me)
The option to buy the tone match block as a vst plug-in for my DAW, so I can create my own tone matches and load to Ax8.

After my first gig with Ax8 and setting up 20+ presets, I want to update this.

1)I have no wish for global blocks!! I use my block library as a starting point, but I find that I almost always end up turning the knobs a little to accomodate my needs for a specific preset.
2) I think, the audio dropout when changing scenes, can be quite big. It is more of a nuisance than I thought it would be. So Mokes A/B suggestion would be even more welcome.
3) List of presets on the unit. At Friday's gig, I had made a mistake in my SetList Maker setup, so on one occasion, setlist maker pulled up the wrong preset. As I had no way of viewing my list of presets on the unit, I had no way of finding the correct preset within reasonable time.
4) I added a polytune to my board, so it is not as big for me as it has been. But if it appeared, I could put in a more interesting pedal
5) I would still love to be able to buy a Fractal Tone Match plugin for my DAW, so I could make tone matches of my acoustic and easily export it to Ax8.
6) Update to Q2.01 - I know it is coming, but reading about it makes me want it more.

Wish:

1. USB audio interface function (It's the #1 wish)
2. Seperate headphone (1/4" TRS) output
3. expression pedal (Like a Line6 products. Am I so greedy? ^^)
4. MIC interface (Like a Line6 products. Am I so greedy? ^^)

Three things would make me happy (with the AX8 that is):
1. a looper which allows for part A and part B (verse/chorus). Memorywise and regarding the 8 switches this should be possible. It would make the AX8 even more irresistible and offer a USP compared to the other two big boys. And Chris and I could retire our infinity loopers ;-)
2. Rise the number of available Reverbs and Comps to 2 - and when this is needed lower the density/quality of these efx. This would make the AX8 more flexible using it with two sources (guitar/voice).
3. Further routing options for the ins and outs of the backpanel within the boundaries of hardware: eg make the XLR outs optionally a third pair of outs with its own independent signal chain when needed? Split the IN 2 into two independent mono INs when needed? On the LCD a small mixer with three INs and stereo OUTs?

not to forget: an IN jack that takes vitamin pills to feed this little bugger and keep it healthy ;-))

Whatever: I love it even if no wish would be ever fulfilled.

3) List of presets on the unit. At Friday's gig, I had made a mistake in my SetList Maker setup, so on one occasion, setlist maker pulled up the wrong preset. As I had no way of viewing my list of presets on the unit, I had no way of finding the correct preset within reasonable time.
I second this. Is there really no way to view a list of presets on the AX8 itself? I know you can scroll through the presets using the B knob on the FS page, but some kind of list would be very useful.

As others have suggested, I'd also like the ability to see the preset name in large letters. Ideally there'd be another page added to each preset, a "name" (or "senior citizen mode") page for example, that would display just the preset name. I don't really need to see what the footswitches are assigned to, since it will just be a "S1 - rhythm" / "S2 lead" / etc. scenario for me across all presets and I can see whether that's selected via the footswitches themselves. The lettering on the footswitch page is kind of small for me and my wonky eyes at the moment, and I can see myself having to bend over and peer at it before every song.

I wish A...E knobs could reach max (or min if you start from max) parameter range with a single twist. Some parameters require many many twists. I.e.: faster turn translate into great increment to reach the ballpark, then fine tune by slowly turning the knob.

I wish A...E knobs could reach max (or min if you start from max) parameter range with a single twist. Some parameters require many many twists. I.e.: faster turn translate into great increment to reach the ballpark, then fine tune by slowly turning the knob.

+ 1! And if I could replace the small knobs with bigger ones I would do it in a heartbeat. The small knobs are a bit awkward to fiddle with behind the bar. I love the big EQ etc. knobs though...

After my first gig with Ax8 and setting up 20+ presets, I want to update this.
1)I have no wish for global blocks!! I use my block library as a starting point, but I find that I almost always end up turning the knobs a little to accomodate my needs for a specific preset.

For many of us, that's not the reason for wanting global blocks. For me (for example), I use a volume block in every preset so I can use my expression pedal as a volume control. EVERY preset. So it would be nice to set that as a global block I can easily copy or pull up for all of them.

Well - You can do that with a block from your block library - but only when using Ax8edit. I did exactly that. I created a master volume block linked to Expr1, I inserted it into 22 presets (using Ax8edit) in less than 10 minutes.

To me, the main attraction of global blocks 'was' the ability to create 'my sound', and hence I would have my amps and drives be the same across all presets, and then when adjusting, all presets were automatically updated. I just find that I do not do that. I will use my block library as a staring point and then adjust according to the preset needs. If the blocks were global, the adjustments would migrate to all my other presets, which is not, what I want.

I'd like a way to send simple MIDI commands over the USB cable from either one of the foot switches (including the F1, F2, F3 switches). For instance, I'd love to be able to setup F1 or F2 so that when tapped, the AX8 sends a MIDI command over USB to Set List Maker to proceed to the next song in the set. I use a Bluetooth pedal (Pageflip Firefly) for that now, but it would be great to do this from the AX8 directly.

Back
Top Bottom