AX8 Wishes

Probably a stupid question, but are you using the compressor in the amp block?
-
Austin

When using the pitch or synth blocks it seems to help the tracking with a strong signal from the compressor - Simeon says to use a drive block but this takes more cpu than I like with the AX8 - having a second compressor available to put at end of the chain has a much different effect than the compressor in the amp block. But yes the compressor in the amp block is awesome.

I think it'd be great to be able to buy a memory upgrade . . . Like an insertable card.

Where have you found the memory to be a limitation? You've got 512 preset slots and 512 user cab slots (in addition to the 175+ factory cabs). You've got XY on some blocks that even the Axe-Fx XL+ doesn't have.

More memory won't mean more blocks per preset; that's a limitation of the CPU.

Where have you found the memory to be a limitation? You've got 512 preset slots and 512 user cab slots (in addition to the 175+ factory cabs). You've got XY on some blocks that even the Axe-Fx XL+ doesn't have.

More memory won't mean more blocks per preset; that's a limitation of the CPU.
I haven't REALLY yet, but this is only my second week. I've talked to some who bemoan this. If you don't manage your blocks well I can see you can run out. I'd like a couple of Multi Delays PLUS a delay. I have presets like that on my Axe Fx II. Also I like high res cabs and reverb. I'm still working it though. My bad though. I guess I was talking CPU. Higher functioning Sharc? Another 450 mhz Sharc?

I haven't REALLY yet, but this is only my second week. I've talked to some who bemoan this. If you don't manage your blocks well I can see you can run out. I'd like a couple of Multi Delays PLUS a delay. I have presets like that on my Axe Fx II. Also I like high res cabs and reverb. I'm still working it though. My bad though. I guess I was talking CPU. Higher functioning Sharc? Another 450 mhz Sharc?

They do sell an upgrade module kit, pretty easy to install:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-fx-ii-preamp-fx-processor.php

;)

Hey Henry,

I'm kinda in the same boat as you.i have presets on my Axe II that are the same and used to them. So trying to scale back to what i need without overloading the cpu.

A couple of wishes from me

• The ability to change a given parameter on an effect (from a to b) by pressing a foot switch..
  • The ability to turn effect on off via an external controller
  • The ability to assign a parameter on an effect to one of the turning nubs..

• The ability to turn effect on off via an external controller

You can do this. Attach a modifier to the Bypass Mode parameter of any effect block. It doesn't actually change the Bypass Mode, it toggles the effect on and off. Note: when you do this, it overrides other methods of bypassing the effect, such as an assigned internal footswitch.

Yeah. I need to see the names, especially of the preset I'm on.
Hello Henry ! I'm in the same boat. I really need to have the preset name a lot bigger on the FS page. We don't need to have such big icons for P & S, since they are already registered with the Footswiches Leds. Ideally I'd love to have names for scenes too... In fact what I'd love the most would be a window only for preset & scene big names, no row of P & S !

After using the AX8 for a few weeks, here are a few things I find myself wishing for -

1) Global Blocks - no surprise here, lots of other people missing these too.
2) Scene Recall/Reload - so that on a preset when you click a scene it reloads its saved position. For example scene 1 is clean with no fx. I step on chorus and delay. Stepping on scene 1 again would return me to clean with no fx. Similar to preset reload on a midi controller.
3) VU meters for Output 2. If you use a power/amp cab and direct setup checking volume to both outputs is useful.
4) Different display options - ie choosing your home screen (preset names...etc.). Preset list shown when changing preset banks.

Feel free to add yours.

I would like the option to have BPM display full screen for a set period of time when setting tempo.

Wish: The option for scene switches to always reset the scene to its original state.
Example:
1) Press Scene 3 switch (Scene 3 has chorus and reverb blocks engaged)
2) Bypass chorus and reverb blocks
3) Press Scene 3 again and the chorus and reverb blocks are engaged again.

Currently, when you perform step 3, the chorus and reverb blocks remain bypassed. It would be nice to have the option of scene switch presses always producing the same result, that is, loading the scene in it's original state.

Wish: The option for scene switches to always reset the scene to its original state.
Example:
1) Press Scene 3 switch (Scene 3 has chorus and reverb blocks engaged)
2) Bypass chorus and reverb blocks
3) Press Scene 3 again and the chorus and reverb blocks are engaged again.

Currently, when you perform step 3, the chorus and reverb blocks remain bypassed. It would be nice to have the option of scene switch presses always producing the same result, that is, loading the scene in it's original state.
Turn on Scene Revert in your global settings.

Reactions: TFC
Turn on Scene Revert in your global settings.

Thanks again, but please see the post above yours. Scene Revert is on, but that only applies when you're switching from one scene to another. It does not affect what happens when you switch effects on and off within the same scene, and then press the same scene switch. If that's not how it's supposed to work, then I believe this is a bug. Can someone try to reproduce the same steps I've listed above?

I agree, this would be a nice enhancement to Scene Revert. I will put that on the list for the next release.
This will be great! I ran into this last night at band practice, and it was quite a change from my axe+mfc rig. I am always switching effects in and out within a particular scene.

Back
Top Bottom