AX8 V3.02 Release Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have F1 hold for bank up and F2 hold for bank down. before updating (to 3.02) my F switches would change the bank but not select a preset. Is this a feature change, a bug or is there a new setting somewhere?
Bank up/down has always changed presets.

AX8-Edit 1.2.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed a bug in the OSX build that prevented the context menu from being displayed on occupied
blocks. The Windows version was rebuilt to reflect the version change.
Michael Pickens, I'm send you a virtual wheat beer, fist bump & a thick slice of delicious pizza for being such a Rockstar for all of us bro!

YOU ROCK MAN!!!!! \M/

Peace! X-Mann

Wow... Very impressed, not only by the update, but by the quick fix of Ax8-edit. Kudos!

I just spent the last two hours discovering that the new firmware plexi, with Pete Thorns IR, is amazing. Just amazing. Seriously, try it out.

Bank up/down has always changed presets.
@Joe Rogers Wow you're right (of course), hadn't noticed before.

So I'll change this to a *wish*
Pressing the bank button will increase or decrease by one with each push but also showing a list of 8 presets in that bank. The footswitches will blink until you select one of the presets in a bank (same as pressing the preset switch).

@flysold thanks for this
... when i select my Bank (F1) Switch, I get a list of presets within each bank that i can scroll to with F2 and F3. I have F1 Tap set to Single Preset/Bank and F2 and F3 then function as Bank Up/Down respectively..

I think my idea above is a little more streamlined as you wouldn't have to press "preset" first, just hit bank up/down to get a list of presets. Yes/No?

Last edited:
I think, it i super cool that pressing a footswitch will immediately pause Ax8edit. I would wish that the unit also switched to my footswitch view - I already set it up such that the unit goes to footswitch view, if I pause manuall, but the automatic switch would be nice too.

@Joe Rogers Wow you're right (of course), hadn't noticed before.

So I'll change this to a *wish*
Pressing the bank button will increase or decrease by one with each push but also showing a list of 8 presets in that bank. The footswitches will blink until you select one of the presets in a bank (same as pressing the preset switch).

@flysold thanks for this
... when i select my Bank (F1) Switch, I get a list of presets within each bank that i can scroll to with F2 and F3. I have F1 Tap set to Single Preset/Bank and F2 and F3 then function as Bank Up/Down respectively..

I think my idea above is a little more streamlined as you wouldn't have to press "preset" first, just hit bank up/down to get a list of presets. Yes/No?
That's true if bank up/down is all you require however i have F2 set to Scene Select and F3 set to tap tempo... so in fact the way i have it set extends the functionality but definitely a single tap bank up/down is a nice idea.

That's true if bank up/down is all you require however i have F2 set to Scene Select and F3 set to tap tempo... so in fact the way i have it set extends the functionality but definitely a single tap bank up/down is a nice idea.
your last comment has me a bit confused. In my *wish* this is how my F switches are set: F1 press= preset, hold = bank up. F2 press = sticky scene, hold = bank down. F3 = tap/tune. I thought you said you had F2/3 were set for bank up/down. That must mean hold?

EDIT: this is pretty cool. I have F1 press = preset, F2/F3 hold = bank up/down. When you select F1 (preset) you don't have to 'hold" for bank up down. I'm assuming this is what you meant @flysold

Last edited:
Awesome, guys =) THANKS. GOT IT.

Can anyone walk me through setting up/routing my VOLUME exp. pedal? I swear, Ive tried everything obvious, AND had friends try 2 walk me through...=( Could I do that in AX EDIT?

Can anyone walk me through setting up/routing my VOLUME exp. pedal? I swear, Ive tried everything obvious, AND had friends try 2 walk me through...=( Could I do that in AX EDIT?

Make sure you use the AX8 EDIT, and Yes! This forum is a treasure trove of info, when I hit a wall a search and a little reading will get you rolling in no time.

Two ways to do it.
It can be set globally at the end of the chain...easiest to do.
Or it can be set using a volume block that you can assign position, but this has to be done per preset.
Which do you want?

Wow. I just can't say enough good things about this update. I came down in the studio for some "alone time" with my mistress - Dirty Shirley , and was pleasantly surprised to see the Q3 update had finally arrived for the AX8.
Great Job FAS.
The smaller dropouts with AX8-Edit are awesome , ( as are every other improvement). THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom