AX8 V3.02 Release Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still didn't find the time for updating my ax8 and in the meanwhile I enjoy 3.02 on axe fx II. should i wait for a new FW for ax8? or go with 3.02 ?

Do we know what the bugs introduced from 3.02 are? I only know the Ax8 edit pause issue.. that was fixed last night.

Also, can we downgrade the FW with Fractal Bot?

I'm using 3.02 and it's fantastic.

There is still one AX8-Edit related bug, where the values occasionally show things from other parameters. If you refresh, the correct values are displayed.

Fractal Bot can load any firmware version onto the hardware, but be sure to back up your presets. Also, you'll have to find a corresponding version of AX8-Edit.

I'm using 3.02 and it's fantastic.

There is still one AX8-Edit related bug, where the values occasionally show things from other parameters. If you refresh, the correct values are displayed.

Fractal Bot can load any firmware version onto the hardware, but be sure to back up your presets. Also, you'll have to find a corresponding version of AX8-Edit.

This bug will be addressed by an upcoming firmware release. When? Sooooooon. :)

Bug Report: I updated to the new FW and went to practice last night. I didn't change any system parameters..just pulled up presets to do a run through at practice. I had the following issues:

1. The Global/IO/Utility screen froze...no button would get me out of the screen..had to completely power down and boot back up.
2. Issues with effects showing in bypass state on the screen, but the effect was activated. Example: Drive would be highlighted and bold when activated. (This is correct) I would activate TREM and the screen would deactivate Drive even though drive was still activated. Also..some effects would have the dotted lines around them as if bypassed...but clearly the effect was on. Seems like a bug with the effects.

I haven't had time to use Axe Edit..so no issues there and I noticed they're about to fix whatever that is...but the two above haven't been discussed. Anyone else having issues with this???

and the screen would deactivate Drive even though drive was still activated

Can you describe exactly what would happen to the appearance of the Drive block when this happened?

There were major screen changes, specifically - active blocks are now reverse video (white on black), and selected blocks are raised (solid border).

bypassed blocks have dotted lines around them and not raised....but the same appearance happens with effects that are not bypassed. I also have effects that are raised white...but active...I also have blocks that are black not raised...but active. It's as if there's no rhyme or reason to the effect status.

Also..the weird thing that happened...I could have a raised black drive block when engaged...and engage my Trem block..and the screen status of the drive block will change even though the effect is still engaged. Another words...the drive block might not be raised anymore.

I have had an issue where randomly the AX8 will briefly display amp eq setting on the screen when nothing has been touched. This happens with Axe edit connected and not connected. When connected it put Edit in pause mode.

bypassed blocks have dotted lines around them and not raised....but the same appearance happens with effects that are not bypassed

This is correct. Only one effect can be "selected" for editing at a time. In previous firmware, that was indicated with white on black. Now, all effects have dotted lines except the one that is selected (which has nothing to do with its active/bypass state), and just that one is raised.

With this update:
bypassed = black text on a white box
engaged = white text on a black box
selected for editing = raised / solid border
not selected for editing = dotted border, whether they are engaged or bypassed

Does that sound like what you are seeing?

Does that sound like what you are seeing?

I'll have to check when I get home this evening to see if that's the case. I'll let you know for sure..might just be me not understanding what the status view is showing me. Thanks for breaking it down. Hopefully there's no bug.

However...an issue that was a legit bug...I went to the IO/UTILITY/GLOBAL screen to change my output from stereo to mono during practice and the screen froze on that menu screen. I couldn't get out of..had to reboot. Tried it again and it worked..but never ran across a glitch like that. Not sure if it's related to this FW or not..but never ran into that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom